Synthesis and structural characterization of novel 2-benzimidazolylthioureas: adducts of natural isothiocyanates and 2-amino-1-methylbenzimidazole
- 159 Downloads
Adducts of natural allyl, phenethyl, and benzyl isothiocyanates and 2-amino-1-methylbenzimidazole were synthesized. After optimization of the reaction conditions, the target 2-benzimidazolylthioureas were obtained in reasonable yields. The detailed molecular and crystal structures of these compounds were characterized by spectroscopic and X-ray methods. Spectral analysis demonstrated that N-(1-methylbenzimidazolyl)-N′-allylthiourea, N-(1-methylbenzimidazolyl)-N′-benzylthiourea, and N-(1-methylbenzimidazolyl)-N′-phenethylthiourea exist in solution in an unprecedented three tautomeric forms, whose structures were corroborated unambiguously.
KeywordsThioureas Isothiocyanates 2-Aminobenzimidazole Tautomerism
The studies were supported by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education, grant No. 312244336 and by the European Union (European Social Fund) within the framework of the project “InnoDoktorant—Scholarships for PhD students, 1st edition.” Calculations were carried out at the Academic Computer Center in Gdansk (TASK).
- 2.de Dios A, Shih C, López de Uralde B, Sánchez C, del Prado M, Cabrejas LMM, Pleite S, Blanco-Urgoiti J, Lorite MJ, Nevill CRJ, Bonjouklian R, York J, Vieth M, Wang Y, Magnus N, Campbell RM, Anderson BD, McCann DJ, Giera DD, Lee PA, Schultz RM, Li LC, Johnson LM, Wolos JA (2005) J Med Chem 48:2270–2273CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Oxford Diffraction Ltd, Abingdon, England (2006) CrysAlis CCD, CrysAlis RED and associated programs. Oxford Diffraction Ltd, Abingdon, EnglandGoogle Scholar
- 11.Sheldrick GM (2008) Acta Cryst A64:112–122Google Scholar
- 13.Frisch MJ, Trucks GW, Schlegel HB, Scuseria GE, Robb MA, Cheeseman JR, Montgomery Jr JA, Vreven T, Kudin KN, Burant JC, Millam JM, Iyengar SS, Tomasi J, Barone V, Mennucci B, Cossi M, Scalmani G, Rega N, Petersson GA, Nakatsuji H, Hada M, Ehara M, Toyota K, Fukuda R, Hasegawa J, Ishida M, Nakajima T, Honda Y, Kitao O, Nakai H, Klene M, Li X, Knox JE, Hratchian H P, Cross JB, Bakken V, Adamo C, Jaramillo J, Gomperts R, Stratmann RE, Yazyev O, Austin AJ, Cammi R, Pomelli C, Ochterski JW, Ayala PY, Morokuma K, Voth GA, Salvador P, Dannenberg JJ, Zakrzewski VG, Dapprich S, Daniels AD, Strain MC, Farkas O, Malick DK, Rabuck AD, Raghavachari K, Foresman JB, Ortiz JV, Cui Q, Baboul AG, Clifford S, Cioslowski J, Stefanov BB, Liu G, Liashenko A, Piskorz P, Komaromi I, Martin RL, Fox DJ, Keith T, Al-Laham MA, Peng CY, Nanayakkara A, Challacombe M, Gill PMW, Johnson B, Chen, W, Wong MW, Gonzalez C, Pople JA (2004) Gaussian 03, revision D.01. Gaussian, Inc., Wallingford, CTGoogle Scholar
- 15.Sudarsanam V, Nagarajan K, Arya VP, Kaulgud AP, Shenoy SJ, Shah RK (1982) Indian J Chem 21B:989–996Google Scholar
- 17.Sudha LV, Sathyanarayana DN (1984) J Mol Struct 40:751–755Google Scholar
- 19.Marechal Y (2007) The hydrogen bond and the water molecule. Elsevier, Amsterdam, pp 85–89Google Scholar