Dynamic Stress Analysis of a Composite Electromagnetic Track
- 6 Downloads
The firing of an electromagnetic gun is shown to result in the armature moving along the guide rail, which can cause extrusion, wear, planing and other problems, which set limits on its application. The track properties can be adjusted by changing its composition, so as to obtain good electrical conductivity, corrosive resistance, and strength. For simplicity, the composite track is presented as an elastic foundation beam, and the general solution of composite track deflection at dynamic load is obtained by using the two-dimensional Fourier integral transformation, on this basis, the bending moment distribution and expression for dynamic stress are obtained. The characteristics of dynamic stress distribution and factors that influence them are analyzed, the effect of the proportion of the composite layer and its parameters on the dynamic stress of the track is discussed.
Keywordscomposite track dynamic stress Fourier transform dynamic load elastic foundation beam
This work is supported by Natural Science Foundation of Hebei Province (A2015203086).
- 4.B. Lei, R. G. Zhu, Q. Zhang, et al., “Production features and research status of gouging in electromagnetic railgun,” Ordn. Mater. Sci. Eng., 34, No. 3, 76–80 (2011). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.W. Wang, Z. Zhan, Q. Tang, et al., “Interfacial reaction and properties of Ti2AlN- La2O3/Cu composite,” Rare Metal Mater. Eng., 44, No. 5, 1177–1180 (2015). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.C. Fan and W. Wang, “Review on the electromagnetic railgun,” J. Yanshan Univ., 31, No. 5, 377–386 (2007).Google Scholar
- 8.Z. G. Tian, X. Z. Bai, and Y. Yang, “Dynamic response of rail during launch process of electromagnetic rail,” J. Vib. Shock, 31, No. 2, 10–14 (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.C. Wei, Y. Xu, and Y. Y. Ma, “Study on damage of composite material barrel under transient impact load,” J. Ordn. Equip. Eng., 37, No. 7, 131–136 (2016). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Z. G. Tian, X. Y. Meng, X. Y. An, et al., “Dynamic response of composite rail during launch process of electromagnetic railgun,” ACTA Armamentarii, 38, No. 4, 651–657 (2017). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Z. G. Tian and X. Y. An, “Multi physical field coupling analysis of composite electromagnetic track,” J. Gun Launch & Control, 38, No. 3, 1–6 (2017). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 13.Y. Yang and J. X. Wang, “Numerical modeling and analysis on EM gun firing principle,” J. Gun Launch & Control, 4, 9–13 (2008). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 14.J. Shi and B. M. Li, “Research on recoil process of electromagnetic railgun,” ACTA Armamentarii, 36, No. 2, 227–233 (2015). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 15.W. P. Xie and G. Wang, “Analysis of dynamic characteristics of rail system induced by moving load,” J. Zhengzhou Univ., 24, No. 1, 24–27 (2003). (in Chinese)Google Scholar