Deformation and fracture of high-temperature steels at different temperatures and loading rates
- 50 Downloads
Charpy impact tests were conducted at different temperatures and loading rates. Temperature dependences of the crack initiation and propagation energies were determined for carbon steel 45, steels St. 3 and 15Kh2NMFA from the load-time curves obtained with due account of the impact test results. The effect of the loading rate on the temperature dependence of the impact toughness was analyzed within the range from 1 to 4.4 m/s.
Keywordshigh-temperature steels Charpy specimen instrumented impact testing machine impact toughness crack initiation and propagation energy brittle-to-ductile transition temperature crack propagation rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. A. Makhutov, E. M. Morozov, and Yu. G. Matvienko, “History and development of impact tests in Russia,” in: Proc. Charpy Centenary Conf. (Oct. 2–5, Poitiers), France (2001), pp. 557–566.Google Scholar
- 2.Proc. Charpy Centenary Conf. (Oct. 2–5, Poitiers), Vol. 1–2, France (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Ya. Krasovskii, Yu. A. Kashtalyan, and V. N. Krasiko, Investigation into the Crack Growth Resistance of Pressure Vessel Steels under Static and Dynamic Loading with Allowance for the Size-Scale Effect of Tested Specimens [in Russian], Preprint, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Institute of Problems of Strength, Kiev (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.B. Tanguy, J. Besson, R. Piques, and A. Pineau, “Ductile-to-brittle transition of an A508 steel characterized by Charpy impact test. Pt. I: Experimental results,” Int. J. Fract., 72, 49–72 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.C. Gallo, J. A. Alvarez, F. Gutierrez-Solana, and J. A. Polanco, “Predicting crack arrest behavior of structural steels using small-scale material characterization tests,” in: Proc. Charpy Centenary Conf. (Oct. 2–5, Poitiers), France (2001), pp. 661–668.Google Scholar
- 9.ISO 14556. Steel. Charpy V-Notch Pendulum Impact Test. Instrumented Test Method, Introduced 05.01.2005.Google Scholar
- 10.GOST 9454-78. Metals. Method for Carrying Out Impact Bending Tests at Low, Room, and Elevated Temperatures [in Russian], Introduced January 1, 1979.Google Scholar