Investigation on Structural, Morphological, Optical and Ammonia Sensing Properties Indium Doped Nano Crystalline ZnO Thin Films Synthesized by Spray Pyrolysis Technique
- 66 Downloads
In the present work, nanostructured In doped ZnO thin films were synthesized using spray pyrolysis technique with different molarity concentrations (0.001–0.004). X-ray diffraction patterns confirms the polycrystalline nature of the films with hexagonal structure. The crystallite size is going to be increases with increase in dopant concentration. The field-emission scanning electron micrograph of undoped ZnO exhibits spherical shaped particles with intergrain pores and the intergrain pores decreases with increases in indium concentration. The transmittance and band gap is going to be decreases with increase in indium concentration. The ammonia (NH3) sensing properties of the undoped ZnO and In doped ZnO thin films were carried out at room temperature and the sensing responses of the samples towards NH3 concentrations were reported.
KeywordsZnO Indium Spray pyrolysis Band gap properties NH3 sensing
Authors wish to acknowledge to Department of Nano Science and Technology, Karunya University, Coimbatore to provide XRD & UV. The author also wishes to express their sincere thanks to Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore and SASTRA University, Thanjavur to provide FE-SEM, EDX and Sensor facilities. One of the authors, MS sincerely thanks the Defence Research Development Organization, Govt. India for the financial support (Grant: 0903810-1229).
- 3.Torres Delgado, G., Zúnîga Romero, C. I., Mayén Hernández, S. A., Castanedo Pérez, R., & Zelaya Angel, O. (2009). Optical and structural properties of the sol–gel-prepared ZnO thin films and their effect on the photocatalytic activity. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 93, 55–59.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.Joint Committee Powder Diffraction Standard, JCPDS, 36–1451.Google Scholar
- 30.Rajendra Prasad, M., Haris, M., & Sridharan, M. (2017). Structural, optical and ammonia sensing properties of nanostructured ZnO thin films deposited by spray pyrolysis technique. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-017-6930-6.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 38.Patil, S. L., Chougule, M. A., Pawar, S. G., Sen, S., Moholkar, A. V., Kim, J. H., et al. (2011). Fabrication of polyaniline-ZnO nanocomposite gas sensor. Sensors and Transducers, 134, 120.Google Scholar
- 41.Shingange, K., Tshabalala, Z. P., Ntwaeaborwa, O. M., Motaung, D. E., & Mhlongo, G. H. (2016). OD to 3D ZnO nanostructures and their luminescence, magnetic and sensing properties: Influence of pH and annealing. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 16, 30411–30418.Google Scholar