Johannes Geiss: Explorer of the Elements
- 61 Downloads
The extraordinary life and scientific achievements of Johannes Geiss span an almost impossible breadth of scientific topics, from the study of rocks to tenuous plasmas, from volcanoes to meteorites. But, his impact also extends way beyond the field of science. Professor Geiss is a well-known teacher and a highly successful science leader whose impact has been felt at the University of Bern, in Switzerland, and around the globe. We present here a brief summary of this highly successful career via a pictorial overview and a movie compiled by a former student who had the good luck to work with Professor Geiss during his years at the University of Bern.
KeywordsSolar wind Meteorites History
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F. Begemann, Space Sci. Rev. (2007) this volume Google Scholar
- H.F. Ehrenberg, J. Geiss, R. Taubert, Zeitschrift für angewandte Physik 7, 416 (1955) Google Scholar
- C. Emiliani, J. Geiss, Intl. J. Earth Sci. 46, 576 (1959) Google Scholar
- L.A. Fisk, in The Solar System and Beyond: Ten Years of ISSI, ed. by J. Geiss, B. Hultqvist. ESA Publication SR-003 (2005), p. 15 Google Scholar
- J. Geiss, Chimia 11, 349 (1957) Google Scholar
- J. Geiss, in Berner Rektoratsreden (Paul Haupt, Bern, 1982), ISBN 3-258-03250-5 Google Scholar
- G. Gloeckler, L.A. Fisk, Space Sci. Rev. (2007) this volume. doi: 10.1007/s11214-007-9226-y
- H. Reeves, Space Sci. Rev. (2007) this volume. doi: 10.1007/s11214-007-9199-x