Since January 1981, the Royal Observatory of Belgium (ROB) has operated the Sunspot Index Data Center (SIDC), the World Data Center for the Sunspot Index. From 2000, the SIDC obtained the status of Regional Warning Center (RWC) of the International Space Environment Service (ISES) and became the “Solar Influences Data analysis Center”. As a data analysis service of the Federation of Astronomical and Geophysical data analysis Services (FAGS), the SIDC collects monthly observations from worldwide stations in order to calculate the International Sunspot Number, R i . The center broadcasts the daily, monthly, yearly sunspot numbers, with middle-range predictions (up to 12 months). Since August 1992, hemispheric sunspot numbers are also provided.
KeywordsSunspot Number World Data Royal Observatory Solar Influence Influence Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cugnon, P.: 1997, in Solar-Terrestrial Predictions-V, RWC Tokyo, Hiraiso Solar Terrestrial Research Center, Communications Research Laboratory, Hitachinaka, Ibaraki, Japan, p. 73.Google Scholar
- Denkmayr, K.: 1993, Diploma Thesis, University of Linz, Austria.Google Scholar
- Denkmayr, K. and Cugnon, P.: 1997, in G. Heckman, K. Marubashi, M. A. Sea, D. F. Smart, and R. Thompson (eds.), About Sunspot Number Medium-Term Predictions, Solar-Terrestrial Predictions-V, RWC Tokyo, Hiraiso Solar Terrestrial Research Center, Communications Research Laboratory, Hitachinaka, Ibaraki, Japan, p. 103.Google Scholar
- Lantos, P., Cugnon, P., and Koeckelenbergh, A.: 1993, in J. Hruska, M. A. Shea, D. F. Smart, and G. Heckman (eds.), North-South Asymmetry of Sunspot Cycles, Solar-Terrestrial Predictions-IV, Geological Survey of Canada, Ottawa, Air Force Phillips Laboratory Geophysics Directorate, Bedford, MA, US Department of Commerce, NOAA, ERL, Boulder Co, 2, p. 203.Google Scholar
- Waldmeier, M.: 1968, Astr. Mitt. Sternw. (Zürich) 286, 13.Google Scholar
- Wolf, R.: 1852, Acad. Sci. Comp. Rend. 35, 704.Google Scholar