Confirmatory Factor Analysis of Persian Adaptation of Multidimensional Students’ Life Satisfaction Scale (MSLSS)
- 340 Downloads
Validity and reliability of Persian adaptation of MSLSS in the 12–18 years, middle and high school students (430 students in grades 6–12 in Bushehr port, Iran) using confirmatory factor analysis by means of LISREL statistical package were checked. Internal consistency reliability estimates (Cronbach’s coefficient α) were all above the conventional criterion of 0.70 for all factors indicating adequate reliability of the factors. Cronbach’s coefficient α of the total scale was 0.83. The pattern matrix appeared by and large to be consistent with previous investigations of the MSLSS using exploratory factor analytic methods. It seems this Persian adaptation of the MSLSS offers a reliable and valid means of assessing Iranian middle and high school students’ life satisfaction. Using that as a screening tool in schools may help in discriminating between different domains responsible for child and youth problems.
KeywordsMultidimensional Students’ Life Satisfaction Scale (MSLSS) Life satisfaction Persian adaptation Iran
Authors would like to acknowledge the vice chancellor of research of Bushehr university of Medical Sciences for funding this project (Grant number 1739).
- Casas, F., Alsinet, C., Rosich, M., Huebner, E. S., & Laughlin J. E. (2001). Cross cultural investigation of the Multidimensional Students’ Life Satisfaction Scale with Spanish adolescents. In F. Casas and C. Saurina (eds.), Proceedings of the third conference of the international society for quality of life studies (359–366). Girona, Spain: University of Girona Press.Google Scholar
- Huebner, S. (2001). Manual for the multidimensional students, life satisfaction scale. Department of Psychology, University of South Carolina, Columbia, www.psych.sc.edu/pdfdocs/huebslssmanual.doc. Accessed 20 August 2007.
- Sohrabi, N., & Alborzi, S. (2003). Demographic characteristics and their effect on self- esteem and life satisfaction among Iranian criminal adolescents, shiraz. Fifth national seminar on mental health, child’s and adolescents’ behavioral disorders, 2003. Iranian Research Institute for Scientific Information and Documentation Center. http://dbase.irandoc.ac.ir/00686/00686494.htm. Accessed 20 August 2007.
- Zaki, M. A. (2007). Validation of multidimensional students’ life satisfaction scale in students. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, 13(1), 49–57.Google Scholar
- Zullig, K. J., Huebner, E. S., Gilman, R., Patton, J. M., & Murray, K. A. (2005). Validation of the brief multidimensional students’ life satisfaction scale among college students. American Journal of Health Behavior, 29(3), 206–214.Google Scholar