Simultaneous sources deblending via frequency-varying filter in cross-spread azimuth-offset domain
- 6 Downloads
Simultaneous sources acquisition, also referred to as “blended acquisition”, involves recording two or more shots simultaneously. It allows for denser spatial sampling and can greatly speed up the field data acquisition. Thus, it has potential advantage to improve seismic data quality and reduce acquisition cost. In order to achieve the goal of blended acquisition, a deblending procedure is necessary. It attenuates the interference and thus improves the resolution of the pre-stack time migration image. In this paper, we propose an efficient deblending method, which applies frequency-varying median and mean filters to cross-spread azimuth-offset gathers (XSPR-AO). The method can be used with variable window sizes according to the characteristics of the interference. The effectiveness of the method is validated by a field data example.
Ke ywo r d ssimultaneous sources deblending interference frequency-varying
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abma R.L. and Yan J., 2009. Separating simultaneous sources by inversion. Extended Abstract. 71st EAGE Conference and Exhibition Incorporating SPE EUROPEC 2009, DOI: 10.3997/2214-4609.201400403.Google Scholar
- Abma R.L., Manning T., Tanis M., Yu J. and Foster M., 2010. High quality separation of simultaneous sources by sparse inversion. Extended Abstract. 72nd EAGE Conference and Exhibition incorporating SPE EUROPEC 2010, DOI: 10.3997/2214-4609.201400611.Google Scholar
- Abma R.L., Zhang Q., Arogunmati A. and Beaudoin G., 2012. An overview of BP’s marine independent simultaneous source field trials. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2012, 1–5, DOI: 10.1190/segam2012-1404.1.Google Scholar
- Beasley C.J., Chambers R.E. and Jiang Z., 1998. A new look at simultaneous sources. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 1998, 133–135, DOI: 10.1190/1.1820149.Google Scholar
- Berkhout A.J., Blacquiere G. and Verchuur D.J., 2008. From simultaneous shooting to blended acquisition. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2008, 2831–2838, DOI: 10.1190/1.3063933.Google Scholar
- Chen Y., 2014. Deblending using a space-varying median filter. Geophysics, 46, 332–341.Google Scholar
- Howe D., Allen A., Foster M., Jack I., Buddery D., Choi A., Abma R., Manning E. and Pfister M., 2010. Independent simultaneous sweeping in Libya - Full-scale implementation and new developments. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2009, 109–111, DOI: 10.1190/1.3255044.Google Scholar
- Howe D., Foster M., Allen T., Taylor B. and Jack I., 2008. Independent simultaneous sweeping–A method to increase the productivity of land seismic crews. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2008, 2826–2830, DOI: 10.1190/1.3063932.Google Scholar
- Spitz S., Hampson G. and Pica A., 2009. Simultaneous source separation using wave field modeling and pef adaptive subtraction. EAGE Workshop on Marine Seismic - Focus on Middle East and North Africa, DOI: 10.3997/2214-4609.20146202.Google Scholar
- Zhang Q., Abma R. and Ahmed I., 2013. A marine node simultaneous source acquisition trial at Atlantis, Gulf of Mexico. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2013, 99–103, DOI: 10.1190/segam2013-0699.1.Google Scholar