Three-dimensional Crustal model of the Moravo-Silesian region obtained by seismic tomography
- 60 Downloads
All recent available data sets containing traveltimes of Pg and Sg phases for the Moravo-Silesian region were collected. These data come from several experiments designed mostly in 2D (in-line) configurations. Simultaneous processing of all data is possible only considering the true 3D measurement geometry. The goal of this work is to establish the representative 3D seismic model by means of seismic tomography. The resulting minimum-structure model is presented in a simple and easy to use form on the Internet. The amount of processed data is relatively low but repeating the computations with new experimental data included would be very easy. Important material related to this paper is placed on web pages.
Keywordsseismic tomography 3D seismic velocity model Moravo-Silesian region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brož M., 2000. Detection of the origin time and seismic ground motion of quarry blasts. Acta Montana, 16(118), 17–24.Google Scholar
- Holub K., 2007. A study of mining-induced seismicity in Czech coal mines with long-wall coal exploitation. J. Miner. Sci., 43, 37–44.Google Scholar
- Holub K., Kaláb, Z., Knejzlík J. and Rušajová J., 2009. Contributiom of the Institute of Geonics AS CR Ostrava to seismological monitoring in Silesia and Northern Moravia. Acta Geodyn. Geomater., 6, 391–398.Google Scholar
- Hrubcová P., Sroda P., Špičák A., Guterch A., Grad M., Keller G.R., Bruckl E. and Thybo H., 2005. Crustal and uppermost mantle structure of the Bohemian Massif based on CELEBRATION 2000 data. J. Geophys. Res., 110, DOI: 10.1029/2004JB003080.Google Scholar
- Kalenda P., Zamazal R. and Veselá V., 1998. Mine seismic network in the Lazy Colliery. In: Kaláb Z. (Ed.), Current Trends in Seismology and Engineering Geophysics. Institute of Geonics AS CR Ostrava, Ostrava, Czech Republic, 149–158 (in Czech).Google Scholar
- Procházková D., 1992. Earthquakes in the Jeseníky Mts. in 1986. Travaux Géophysiques, XXXVI, 28–39.Google Scholar
- Špaček P., Sýkorová Z., Pazdírková J., Švancara J. and Havíř J., 2006. Present-day seismicity of the south-eastern Elbe Fault System (NE Bohemian Massif). Stud. Geophys. Geod., 53, 351–358.Google Scholar
- Um J. and Thurber C., 1987. A fast algorithm for two-point seismic ray tracing. Bull. Seismol. Soc. Amer., 77, 972–986.Google Scholar
- Wessel P. and Smith W.H.F., 1991. Free software helps map and display data. EOS Trans. AGU, 441, 72.Google Scholar
- www 2009c. http://grass.osgeo.org/.