Estimation of Unextendable Dead Time Duration in a Flow of Physical Events by the Method of Moments
We study a synchronous generalized doubly stochastic flow of the second order with unextendable dead time of fixed duration, which is an adequate mathematical model of a flow of physical events (photons, electrons, and other elementary particles). An estimation of the duration of the unobservability period is found by the method of moments (MM-estimate) on the basis of observations of the investigated flow under recurrence condition formulated in terms of the joint probability density of durations of intervals between the moments of event occurrence. A numerical study of the estimation quality is carried out by applying a simulation modeling apparatus.
Keywordsrecurrent synchronous generalized doubly stochastic flow of the second order unextendable dead time joint probability density recurrence condition MM-estimate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. P. Basharin, V. A. Kokotushkin, and V. A. Naumov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR. Tekh. Kibern., No. 6, 92–99 (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.D. M. Lucantoni, Commun. Statist.-Stoch. Mod., 1991. V. 7. – P. 1–46.Google Scholar
- 6.L. A. Nezhel’skaya and E. F. Sidorova, in: Materials of XVIII Int. Conf. named after A. F. Terpugov on Information Technology and Mathematical Modeling (ITMM-2019), Part 2, Tomsk (2019), pp. 358–363.Google Scholar
- 7.L. A. Nezhel’skaya and E. F. Sidorova, Vestn. Tomsk. Gosud. Univ. Upravl., Vych. Tekh. Inform., No. 45, 30–41 (2018).Google Scholar
- 11.A. M. Gortsev and L. A. Nezhel’skaya, Telecommun. Radio Eng., 50, No. 1, 56–63 (1996).Google Scholar
- 12.I. V. Bushlakov, A. M. Gortsev, and L. A. Nezhel’skaya, Avtom. Telemekh., 9, 76–93 (2008).Google Scholar
- 13.V. V. Apanasovich, A. A. Kolyada, and A. F. Chernyavskii, Statistical Analysis of Random Flows in Physical Experiment [in Russian], Universitetskoe, Minsk (1988).Google Scholar
- 14.J. E. Normey-Rico, Control of Dead-Time Process, Springer Verlag, London (2007).Google Scholar
- 15.Yu. V. Malinkovskii, Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics. Part 2. Mathematical Statistics, Publishing House of Francisk Skorina Gomel’ State university, Gomel’ (2004).Google Scholar
- 16.A. M. Gortsev and L. A. Nezhel’skaya, Vestn. Tomsk. Gosud. Univ., Upravl., Vychisl. Tekh. Inform., No. 1 (14), 13–21 (2011).Google Scholar