Radiation Characteristics of an Offset Reflector Antenna Excited by a Combined Antenna Array
- 2 Downloads
The results of a numerical simulation of an ultrawideband hybrid antenna are presented. The antenna consists of an offset reflector and a 2×2 array of orthogonally arranged combined antennas optimized for excitation by bipolar voltage pulses of duration 0.5 ns at a center frequency of 2 GHz. The antenna is designed for use as a component of a high-power ultrawideband radiation source. The polarization characteristics of the radiation have been studied numerically for two 2-GHz modes. In the first mode, wave beams with linear orthogonal polarizations are sequentially formed. In the second mode, a wave beam with an elliptically polarized field is formed. It has been demonstrated that the radiation peak can be controlled in two mutually perpendicular directions within the width of the pattern.
Keywordsultrawideband radiation offset reflector combined antenna array hybrid antenna
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.V. P. Lisitsyn, Antenny, No. 2, pp. 42–44 (2006).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Balzovsky, Yu. Buyanov, V. Gubanov, et al., in: Proc. 20th Int. Symp on High-Current Electronics, Tomsk, Russia, Sep. 16–22, 2018, pp. 61–65.Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Koshelev, Yu. I. Buyanov, Yu. A. Andreev, et al., in: Proc. IEEE Pulsed Power Plasma Science Conf., 2001, vol. 2, pp. 1661–1664.Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. A. Andreev, Yu. I. Buyanov, and V. I. Koshelev, J. Commun. Tech. Electron., 50, pp. 535–543 (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Koshelev, Yu. I. Buyanov, and V. P. Belichenko, Ultrawideband Short-Pulse Radio Systems, Artech House, Boston/London (2017).Google Scholar
- 14.A. Voor, NEC based antenna modeler and optimizer [Online]. Available: http://www.gsl.net/4nec2/
- 17.M. I. Kontorovich, M. I. Astrakhan, V. P. Akimov, and G. A. Fersman, Electrodynamics of Meshed Structures, Radio I Svyaz, Moscow (1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar