Analysis of the Influence of an Inhomogeneous Hydrometeorological Formation on the Polarization Structure of an Electromagnetic Wave
- 2 Downloads
The influence of the inhomogeneous medium comprising precipitation particles on the polarization characteristics of propagating electromagnetic waves emitted in series with horizontal linear and right hand circular polarizations is considered. An approach is suggested for estimation of the influence of the polarization structure transformation on the modified differential radar reflectivity based on the representation of the inhomogeneous medium by the homogeneous region and the second region following it with anisotropic polarization properties and the orientation angle of the polarization eigenbasis. The special features of the suggested approach are relationships for calculating the modified differential radar reflectivity for backscattering by the inhomogeneous medium based on application of a complex phasor for the wave scattered by the second (anisotropic) region of the meteorological formation.
Keywordspolarization differential attenuation differential phase shift degree of polarization anisotropy angle of orientation of the eigenbasis of the anisotropic region scattering matrix modified differential radar reflectivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.E. V. Masalov, in: Materials of the 7th Int. Scientific-Technical Conf. “Actual Problems in Electronic Instrument Engineering,” Novosibirsk (2010) , pp. 77–79.Google Scholar
- 4.D. B. Kanareikin, N. F. Pavlov, and V. A. Potekhin, Polarization of Radar Signals [in Russian], Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.E. V. Masalov and V. N. Tatarinov, Zarub. Radioelektr., No. 4, 44–52 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.V. N. Tatarinov, L. P. Ligthart, and S. V. Tatarinov, Introduction to Modern Theory of Polarization of Radar Signals. Polarization of Plane Electromagnetic Waves and Its Conversion: A Textbook, Vol. 1 [in Russian], TUSUR, Tomsk (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.E. V. Masalov, V. A. Potekhin, and V. N. Tatarinov, Paper No. 207–83, Deporegiond at VINITI (January 12, 1983).Google Scholar
- 8.E. V. Masalov, N. N. Badulin, A. P. Batsula, et al.,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR. Fiz. Atmos. Okeana, 20, No. 6, 505–510 (1984).Google Scholar
- 9.A. P. Rodimov, V. V. Popovskii, and V. I. Dmitriev, Zarub. Radioelektr., No. 7, 25–37 (1980).Google Scholar