Genetic Regulation on the Black Phenotype Mutants of Moth and Pupa of Helicoverpa armigera (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)
Genetic regulation of body color of mutant strain JBM of Helicoverpa armigera with black body color of pupae and adults was investigated. Reciprocal crosses between JBM and JBW (a wild strain with yellow brown body color of pupae and adults) were used to determine the inheritance characteristics of body color. Analysis of the ratio of phenotype segregation from the F1 generation, F2 generation, F3 generation, BC1 (F1 × JBM) generation and F1 generation of BC1 indicated that the black body color was controlled by one recessive gene.
KeywordsMutant Strain Phenotype Mutant Genetic Regulation Reciprocal Cross Recessive Gene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Harsulkar, A.M., Giri, A.P., Patankar, A.G., et al., Successive Use of Non-Host Plant Proteinase Inhibitors Required for Effective Inhibition of Helicoverpa armigera Gut Proteinases and Larval Growth, Plant Physiol., 1999, p. 497.Google Scholar
- 2.Yehua Yang, Basic Genetics, Higher Education Press, Beijing, 2000, p. 3.Google Scholar
- 3.Fangyin Dai, Cheng Lu, and Jianfei Zhang, Genetic Analysis of the Character “Yellow Wing of Moths” in Silkworm and Pleiotropism of “Yellow Blood Gene,” Canxue Tongxun, 2000, vol. 20, no.1, pp. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 4.Mingguan Yang, Yuyin Chen, and Lijun Jiang, Discovery of Melanism Mutation in Silkworm Bombyx mori and the Possibility of Its Practical Utilization, Bull. Sericult., 2001, vol. 32, no.4, pp. 19–21.Google Scholar
- 5.Jing Zhang, Qingtao Zeng, Xiaoqiao Xue, et al., Studies of Localization of Black Streak Body Gene in Drosophila melanogaster, Acta Genet. Sinica, 2001, vol. 28, no.6, pp. 527–534.Google Scholar
- 6.Fengying Gao, Houyong Wu, and Chengyi Li, Genetic Form and Resistance of β-Cypermethrin of Aedes albopictus skuse, Acta. Parasitol. Med. Entomol. Sint., 2001, vol. 8, no.2, pp. 103–108.Google Scholar
- 7.Fuxing Zhu, Jianzhong Yuan, Peijun Zhuang, and Zhenhua Tang, Inheritance of Resistance to Cyhalothrin in the Housefly (Diptera: Muscidae), Entomol. Sinica, 2002, vol. 9, no.1, pp. 51–54.Google Scholar
- 8.Xianlin Fan, Meiguang Lu, Xiangqing Men, and Changhui Rui, The Improvement of Manual Feeding Technology of Helicoverpa armigera, Entomol. Knowledge, 2003, vol. 40, no.1, pp. 85–87.Google Scholar
- 9.Shanlin Gao, Biostatistics, China Agriculture, Beijing, 1994, p. 204.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhenghua Tang and Shixiong Wu, Inheritance and Evolution of Entomological Resistance to Insecticide, Shanghai Science Technology, 2000, p. 43.Google Scholar