Bis(nitroxide) methanofullerene as SOD-mimetic in reactions with catecholamines
- 7 Downloads
The reactions of a SOD-mimetic, bis(nitroxide) methanofullerene, with dopamine and 6-hydroxydopamine and the properties of its adsorption and Langmuir mono- and transferred layers were studied by methods of UV spectroscopy and EPR. The used fullerene derivative oxidizes catecholamines to cyclic and noncyclic quinones, whereas in a medium of phytic acid their oxidation products can be reduced. The inhibition effect of nitroxide fullerene in a phytic acid medium on the autocatalytic process of dopamine oxidation to its neurotoxic metabolite can be used for both the biomimetic prediction of stability of catecholamines and therapy of neurodegenerative diseases.
Key wordsdopamine nitroxides fullerenes SOD-mimetics phytic acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.E. B. Men´shchikova, V. Z. Lankin, N. K. Zenkov, I. A. Bondar´, N. F. Krugovykh, V. A. Trufakin, Okislitel´nyi stress. Prooksidanty i antioksidanty [Oxidative Stress. Prooxidants and Antioxidants], Slovo, Moscow, 2006, 203 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Pliss, V. Sen´, I. Tikhonov, Nitroksil´nye radikaly v khimicheskikh i biokhimicheskikh protsessakh [Nitroxide Radicals in Chemical and Biochemical Processes], Lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Moscow, 2013, 55 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 8.L. B. Piotrovskii, O. I. Kiselev, Fullereny v biologii [Fullerenes in Biology], Rostok, St. Petersburg, 2006, 49 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 11.Q. Xu, A. G. Kanthasamy, M. B. Reddy, Parkinsons Dis., 2011, 2011, 6.Google Scholar
- 14.T. V. Sibgatullina, L. R. Khaertdinova, E. A. Gumerova, A. N. Akulov, Yu. A. Kostyukova, N. A. Nikonorova, N. I. Rumyantseva, Metody opredeleniya redoks-statusa kultiviruemykh kletok rastenii [Methods of Determination of the Redox Status of Cultivated Plant Cells], Kazan (Privolzhsky) Federal University, Kazan, 2011, 12 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 16.G. Dryhurst, K. M. Kadish, F. Scheller, R. Renneberg, Biological Electrochemistry, Academic Press, New York, 1982, p. 122.Google Scholar
- 17.V. I. Gidranovich, M. E. Akhtanina, V. M. Makarevskii, Z. V. Piletskaya, Vestn. VGU im. P. M. Masherova [Bulletin of P. M. Masherov Vitebsk State University], 2001, 4, 109 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 18.T. V. Sirota, Voprosy Med. Khimii [Problems of Medical Chemistry], 1999, 45, 263 (in Russian).Google Scholar