Effect of promotion of nickel sulfide catalyst with silver on kinetics of decarbonilation of stearic acid
- 4 Downloads
The kinetics of liquid-phase decarbonylation of stearic acid in n-dodecane on γ-Al2O3 supported nickel sulfide catalyst promoted with silver was experimentally studied at 350 °C. The parameters of the reaction steps were determined and a structural kinetic model was developed. The model was compared with an earlier developed kinetic model for the unpromoted catalyst. It was suggested that an increased reaction selectivity in the presence of silver promoted catalyst was caused by a change in the composition of the adsorption complexes formed by the active sites of the catalyst. This change in the composition of the complexes is probably associated with an increase in the average size of the surface active particles of the catalyst.
Key wordsdecarbonylation stearic acid higher olefins reaction kinetics kinetic model catalyst promotion inhibition heterogeneous catalysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. C. Foster, Sulfonation and Sulfation Processes, The Chemithon Corporation, Seattle, 1997.Google Scholar
- 2.Chemistry and Technology of Lubricants, Eds R. M. Mortier, M. Fox, S. T. Orszulik, Springer, New York, 3rd ed., 2010.Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Berenblyum, V. Ya. Danyushevsky, P. S. Kuznetsov, E. A. Katsman, R. S. Shamsiev, Petrol. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 2016, 56, 663.Google Scholar
- 7.E. A. Katsman, V. Ya. Danyushevsky, P. S. Kuznetsov, V. M. Karpov, H. A. Al-Wadhaf, V. R. Flid, Petrol. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 2017, 57, 1190.Google Scholar
- 8.V. G. Gorskii, E. A. Katsman, F. D. Klebanova, A. A. Grigor´ev, Theor. Exp. Chim. (Engl. Transl.), 1987, 23, 181.Google Scholar
- 9.E. A. Katsman, A. S. Berenblyum, Paket programm dlya postroeniya i analiza kineticheskikh modelei i ego primeneniya [Software for Building and Analysis of Kinetic Models and its Application], MITKHT, Moscow, 2010 (in Rissian).Google Scholar
- 10.V. G. Gorskii, Planirovanie kineticheskih experimentov [Kinetic Experiment Planning], Nauka, Moscow, 1984, 241 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar