Complex of tris(2-hydroxyethyl)amine and zinc bis(2-methylphenoxyacetate) as inhibitor of acid cholesterol esterase synthesis in blood platelets and mononuclear cells
- 18 Downloads
Application of tris(2-hydroxyethyl)amine and zinc bis(2-methylphenoxyacetate) complex (zincatrane) in experimental atherosclerosis in rabbits leads to decrease in the levels of cholesterol and total lipids in blood platelets (Tc) and monocytes (Mc). The results of enzymatic analysis show that atherogenesis is accompanied by increased activity of acid cholesterol esterase by 66% in Mc and by 55% in Tc compared to standard values. Intramuscular administration of zincatrane at a dose of 10 mg kg−1 decreases the activity of acid cholesterol esterase by almost 35% in Mc and by 26% in Tc compared to the control group. It has been also revealed that zincatrane possesses heparin-like effect, which is expressed in increased thrombin clotting time, blood clotting time and plasma recalcification time as well as in the decreased thrombocyte aggregation. It is assumed that zincatrane stimulates production of endogenous heparin.
Key wordszincatrane atherosclerosis acid cholesterol esterase monocytes platelets
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. I. Dushkin, Bull. SB RAMS, 2006, 120, 47.Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Vasiliev, E. A. Varsanovich, A. V. Pogozheva, M. A. Samsonov, C. N. Bobkova, Vopr. Med. Khim. [Problems of Medical Chemistry], 1992, 5, 27.Google Scholar
- 4.G. L. Starova, O. V. Frank-Kamenetskaya, V. S. Fundamensky, N. V. Semenova, M. G. Voronkov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1981, 260, 888 [Dokl. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 1981, 260].Google Scholar
- 5.M. G. Voronkov, M. V. Zvereva, A. N. Mirskova, R. G. Mirskov, M. K. Nurbekov, M. M. Rasulov, S. N. Adamovich, RF Patent 2457837 C; Bull. izobr., 2011, No. 22.Google Scholar
- 6.F. Gmelig-Meyling, T. A. Waldman, J. Immunol. Method., 1980, 26, 603.Google Scholar
- 7.R. C. Pittman, J. C. Khao, D. Steinberg, J. Biol. Chem., 1975, 250, 4505.Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Nagornev, Medical Academic Journal, 2005, 5, 121.Google Scholar