Organoboron nanoparticles: synthesis, structures, and some physicochemical properties
- 83 Downloads
Organoboron nanoparticles synthesized from carborane C2B10H12 by high-temperature pyrolysis of carborane vapor were investigated. The structures, electronic characteristics, and related physicochemical properties were found to depend on the sizes and shapes. The data of quantum chemical calculations performed in the framework of the density functional theory also indicate a relationship between sizes, dimensionalities, and electronic structure of the nanoparticles.
Key wordscarboranes physical properties ammonia decomposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Caruso, R. B. Billa, S. Balaz, J. I. Brand, P. A. Dowben, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 2004, 16, L139.Google Scholar
- 10.M. V. Grishin, A. K. Gatin, V. G. Slutskii, V. A. Kharitonov, B. R. Shub, Khim. Fiz. [Chemical Physics], 2013, 32, 1 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 17.Ch. Feldman, F. Ordway, W. Zemmerman III, K. Moorjani, in Boron — Preparation, Properties, and Application, Plenum Press, New York, 1965, 235.Google Scholar
- 21.G. P. Luchinskii, Kurs Khimii [The Course of Chemistry], Ed. G. S. Gol’denberg, Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1985, 416 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 22.S. P. Knyazev, E. G. Gordeev, E. A. Chernyshev, Vestn. MITKhT [Bulletin of Moscow Institute of Fine Chemical Technology], 2007, 2, No. 4, 66 (in Russian).Google Scholar