Detection of anilines by luminescence spectroscopy using dissolved and adsorbed pyrylocyanine dyes
- 45 Downloads
Reactions of three pyrylocyanine dyes (derived from 2,4,6-trimethylpyrylium perchlorate) with p-toluidine and 2,4-diaminotoluene were studied to develop methods for detection of aromatic amines. The emission spectrum characteristics of the starting dyes and the final products obtained in solution and on silica gel were examined. The presence of open forms of the pyridocyanine dye in acetonitrile was suggested after analyzing the excitation and emission spectra of reaction intermediates. The formation of luminescent pyridocyanine in solution took several days, while its synthesis from the starting dye adsorbed on silica gel was completed within a few seconds.
Key wordspyrylocyanines pyridocyanines aromatic amines sensors luminescence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. F. Jenkins, M. E. Walsh, P. H. Miyares, J. A. Kopcczynski, T. A. Ranney, V. George, J. C. Pennington, T. E. Berry, Jr., Analysis of Explosives-Related Chemical Signatures in Soil Samples Collected Near Buried Land Mines, US Army Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory, Technical Report, 2000, 00-5, 1.Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Ivanova, V. A. Nadolinnyi, Khim. Interes. Ustoich. Razvit., 2003, 11, 353 [Chem. Sustain. Dev., 2003, 11 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 5.A. T. Balaban, A. Dinculescu, G. N. Dorofeenko, G. W. Fischer, A. V. Koblik, V. V. Mezheritskii, W. Schroth, in Pyrylium Salts: Syntheses, Reactions, and Physical Properties. Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry, Suppl. II, Ed. A. R. Katritzky, Academic Press, New York, 1982, p. 114.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Höfelschweiger, Ph.D. Diss., University of Regensburg, Regensburg, 2005, 136 pp.Google Scholar
- 10.N. A. Derevyanko, A. A. Ishchenko, A. I. Tolmachev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1992, 345 [Chem. Heterocycl. Compd. (Engl. Transl.), 1992, 28, 288].Google Scholar
- 11.I. Yu. Kargapolova, N. A. Orlova, M. M. Shakirov, T. N. Gerasimova, V. V. Shelkovnikov, Zh. Org. Khim., 2004, 40, 744 [Russ. J. Org. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 2004, 40].Google Scholar
- 13.RU Pat. 2387675; Byull. Izobret. [Bulletin of Inventions], 2010, No. 12 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 15.I. A. Boldov, A. S. Kuch’yanov, A. I. Plekhanov, I. Yu. Kargapolova, N. A. Orlova, V. V. Shelkovnikov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 2011, 53, 1088 [Russ. J. Solid State Phys. (Engl. Transl.), 2011, 53].Google Scholar
- 19.V. V. Shelkovnikov, Z. M. Ivanova, A. I. Plekhanov, E. V. Spesivtsev, S. V. Rykhlitskii, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 2009, 76, 76 [Russ. J. Appl. Spectrosc. (Engl. Transl.), 2009, 76].Google Scholar
- 20.N. G. Bakhshiev, V. S. Libov, Yu. T. Mazurenko, V. A. Amelichev, G. V. Saidov, V. A. Gorodynskii, Sol’vatokhromiya: problemy i metody [Solvatochromism: Problems and Methods], Leningrad State University, Leningrad, 1989, 320 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar