Synthesis of nitro and amino derivatives of benzothiacrown ethers
- 91 Downloads
The condensation reaction of 1,2-bis(2-haloethoxy)-4-nitrobenzenes with acyclic α,ω-(oxa)alkanedithiols in the presence of alkali metal carbonates produced a series of nitrobenzodithiacrown ethers with macrocycles of different size. The structures of three ethers were established by X-ray diffraction. A new method was developed for the synthesis of nitrobenzomonothia-15-crown-5 ether. Nitro derivatives of benzodithiacrown ethers were tested as reagents for extraction of palladium(II), platinum(IV), and rhodium(III) from hydrochloric acid solutions. Extraction of PdII salts was found to be highly selective compared to that of PtIV and RhIII salts. Benzodithia-15-crown-5 ether is the most efficient extractant for palladium(II). Reduction of nitrobenzothiacrown ethers with hydrazine hydrate in the presence of a platinum catalyst afforded their amino derivatives.
Key words1,2-bis(2-haloethoxy)-4-nitrobenzenes α,ω-(oxa)alkanedithiols condensation nitrobenzothiacrown ethers X-ray diffraction study reduction aminobenzothiacrown ethers extraction palladium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Poluchenie i svoistva organicheskikh soedinenii sery [Synthesis and Properties of Sulfur Organic Compounds], Ed. L. I. Belen’kii, Khimiya, Moscow, 1998, 560 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.O. A. Fedorova, A. I. Vedernikov, O. V. Eshcheulova, P. V. Tsapenko, Yu. V. Pershina, and S. P. Gromov, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2000, 1881 [Russ. Chem. Bull., Int. Ed., 2000, 49, 1853].Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Abramov, N. V. Averina, B. Z. Iofa, V. V. Samoshin, N. A. Ivanova, Yu. A. Sapozhnikov, and N. S. Zefirov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1997, 1125 [Chem. Heterocycl. Compd., 1997, 33, 982 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 9.V. W. Yam, Y. Piu, W. Li, K. Lo, and K. Cheung, J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 1998, 3615.Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Vedernikov, S. S. Basok, S. P. Gromov, L. G. Kuz’mina, V. G. Avakyan, N. A. Lobova, E. Yu. Kulygina, T. V. Titkov, Yu. A. Strelenko, E. I. Ivanov, J. A. K. Howard, and M. V. lfimov, Zh. Org. Khim., 2005, 41, 864 [Russ. J. Org. Chem., 2005, 41, 843 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 11.L. G. Kuz’mina, A. I. Vedernikov, S. N. Dmitrieva, J. A. K. Howard, and S. P. Gromov, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2007, 967 [Russ. Chem. Bull., Int. Ed., 2007, 56, 1003].Google Scholar
- 12.E. N. Ushakov, L. G. Kuz’mina, A. I. Vedernikov, M. S. Kapichnikova, J. A. K. Howard, M. Wörner, A. M. Braun, M. V. Alfimov, and S. P. Gromov, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2006, 90 [Russ. Chem. Bull., Int. Ed., 2006, 55, 94].Google Scholar
- 14.SAINT, Version 6.02A, Bruker AXS Inc., Madison (Wisconsin, USA), 2001.Google Scholar
- 15.SHELXTL-Plus, Version 5.10, Bruker AXS Inc., Madison (Wisconsin, USA), 1997.Google Scholar
- 16.S. I. Ginzburg, N. A. Ezerskaya, I. V. Prokof’eva, N. V. Fedorenko, V. I. Shlenskaya, and N. K. Bel’skii, Analiticheskaya khimiya elementov. Platinovye metally [Analytical Chemistry of Elements. Platinum Metals], Nauka, Moscow, 1972, 614 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar