Thermoluminescence study of ZnS:Cu nanoparticles
- 171 Downloads
In this paper, we report on the TL glow curves and kinetic parameters, activation energy, order of kinetics, and the frequency factor of copper-doped zinc sulfide nanophosphor under UV irradiations. The sample was prepared by the chemical precipitation method; thereafter, the TL glow curves were recorded for different doses of UV exposure at a heating rate of 10 °C/s. The synthesized nanophosphor exhibited TL glow peaks at 241, 255, and 281 °C for the heating rate 10 °C/s at different doses of 5, 10, and 15 min of UV exposure. The kinetic parameters activation energy E, the order of kinetics b, and the frequency factor S of synthesized nanophosphor of ZnS:Cu have been calculated by using a peak shape method while the trap depth was determined using different formulae. The sample was characterized by XRD (X-ray diffraction) and SEM (scanning electron microscope).
KeywordsThermoluminescence TL glow curve Kinetic parameters
We are grateful to UGC for funding through a Minor Research Project. The XRD part of the paper is related to IUC Indore, and we are grateful to Dr. Mukul Gupta for his support.
- 3.B. O Reagan, M Gratzel, Nature 353, 737 (1991)Google Scholar
- 9.V. Nogriya, J.K. Dingre, M. Ramrakhiani, B.P., Chandra Chalcogenide Lett. vol.5, No. 12, (2008), pp 365–373Google Scholar
- 10.L.S. Dong, X.F. Fu, M.W. Wang, C.H. Liu, J. Lumin. 87–89, 538 (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.M.Y. Gao, X. Zhang, B. Yang, F. Li, J.C. Shen, Thin Solid Films, 242, 283 (1996)Google Scholar
- 14.R. Chen, Analysis of thermally stimulated processes (Pergamon Press, Newyork, 1981)Google Scholar
- 16.D. Vikas, N.S. Suryanarayana, K. Jagjeet, J. Miner. Mater. Charact. Eng. 9(12), 1101 (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.J.T. Randall, M.H.F. Wilkins, Proc. R. Soc. A 184, 366 (1945)Google Scholar
- 18.F. Urbach, Ber. Winer IIa 139, 363 (1930)Google Scholar
- 19.L.I. Lushihik, Soviet Phys. JETP, 3 390 (1956)Google Scholar
- 21.K. Jagjeet,D. Vikas, N.S. Suryanarayana, A. Sadhana, S.J. Dhoble, Int. J. Nanotechnol. Appl. 6(2), 99 (2012)Google Scholar