Substituted-nicotinyl thiourea derivatives bearing pyrimidine moiety: synthesis and biological evaluation
- 152 Downloads
A series of substituted-nicotinyl thiourea derivatives containing pyrimidine ring were synthesized in good to excellent yield using PEG-400 as solid–liquid phase transfer catalyst under ultrasonic irradiation. The structures of all newly synthesized compounds were elucidated and confirmed by IR, 1H NMR and elemental analysis. The preliminary biological tests show that some of the target compounds present good inhibitory activities against the root and stalk of dicotyledon plants and are safe for monocotyledon plants.
KeywordsNicotinyl thiourea PTC Synthesis Bioactivity
This work was financially supported by the Projects in the National Science and Technology Pillar Program during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan Period (2008BADA5B03) and Special Fund for Agro-Scientific Research in the Public Interest (200903052).
- 12.J. Sun, S. Cai, H. Mei, J. Li, N. Yan, Q. Wang, Z. Lin, D. Huo, Chem. Biol. Drug Des. 76, 245 (2010)Google Scholar
- 16.K. Amornraksa, A. Worachartcheewan, V. Prachayasittikul, Eur. J. Sci. Res. 31, 510 (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.A. Saeed, N. Abbas, H. Rafique, S. Rashid, A. Hameed, Chemistry 18, 152 (2009)Google Scholar
- 19.T. Hashimoto, K. Maruoka, in Asymmetric Phase Transfer Catalysis, ed. by K. Maruoka (Wiley-VCH GmbH and Co. KGaA, Weinheim, 2008)Google Scholar
- 29.Z. Li, Q. Wang, J. Huang, Preparation for the Organic Intermediates (Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, 2001)Google Scholar