Preparation and characterization of electrospun LiFePO4/carbon complex improving rate performance at high C-rate
- 452 Downloads
LiFePO4/carbon complexes were prepared by electrospinning to improve rate performance at high C-rate and their electrochemical properties were investigated to be used as a cathode active material for lithium ion battery. The LiFePO4/carbon complexes were prepared by the electrospinning method. The prepared samples were characterized by SEM, EDS, XRD, TGA, electrometer, and electrochemical analysis. The LiFePO4/carbon complexes prepared have a continuous structure with carbon-coated LiFePO4 and the LiFePO4 in LiFePO4/carbon complex has improved thermal stability from carbon coating. The conductivity of LiFePO4/carbon complex heat-treated at 800 °C is measured as 2.23 × 10−2 S cm−1, which is about 106–107 times more than that of raw LiFePO4. The capacity ratio of coin cell manufactured from raw LiFePO4 is 40%, whereas the capacity ratio of coin cell manufactured from LiFePO4/carbon complex heat-treated at 800 °C is 61% (10 C/0.1 C). The improved rate performance of LiFePO4/carbon complex heat-treated at 800 °C is due to the carbon coating and good electrical connection.
KeywordsHigh C-rate Rate performance LiFePO4/carbon complex Electrospinning
This work was partially supported by Samsung SDI, Korea.
- 1.D.Y. Park, D.Y. Park, Y. Lan, Y.S. Lim, M.S. Kim, J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 15, 588 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.J.K. Kim, News. Inf. Chem. Eng. 23, 423 (2005)Google Scholar
- 16.C.H. Mi, Y.X. Cao, X.G. Zhang, X.B. Zhao, H.L. Li, Powder Technol. 179, 171 (2007)Google Scholar
- 21.A. Kuwahara, S. Suzuki, M. Miyayama, The 48th Battery Symposium in Japan (2007), 2A05Google Scholar
- 22.H. Tannai, S. Koizumi, K. Dokko, H. Nakano and K. Kanamura, The 48th Battery Symposium in Japan (2007), 2A09Google Scholar
- 24.S.L. Bewlay, K. Konstantinov, G.X. Wang, S.X. Dou, H.K. Liu, Mater. Lett. 581, 788 (2004)Google Scholar
- 26.J.S. Im, S.J. Kim, P.H. Kang, Y.S. Lee, J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 15, 699 (2009)Google Scholar
- 27.J.S. Im, J.S. Jang, Y.S. Lee, J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 15, 914 (2009)Google Scholar
- 34.Z.L. Zhang, J.C. LU, Y.S. Yang, J. Inorg. Mater.22, 864 (2007)Google Scholar
- 38.S. Wolff, in Carbon Black: Science and Technology, 2nd edn., ed. by J.B. Donnet, R.C. Bansal, M.J. Wang (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1993), p. 271Google Scholar