Extension of the Hansen-Bliek Method to Right-Quantified Linear Systems
- 17 Downloads
The problem of finding the smallest box enclosing the united solution set of a linear interval system, also known as the “interval hull” problem, was proven to be NP-hard. However, Hansen, Bliek, and others subsequently, have provided a polynomial-time solution in the case of systems preconditioned by the midpoint inverse matrix.
Based upon a similar approach, this paper deals with the interval hull problem in the context of AE-solution sets, where parameters may be given different quantifiers. A polynomial-time algorithm is proposed for computing the hull of AE-solution sets where parameters involved in the matrix are constrained to be existentially quantified. Such AE-solution sets are called right-quantified solution sets. They have recently been shown to be of practical interest.
KeywordsCandidate Point Support Line Outer Estimation Interval Vector Interval Linear
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bliek, C.: Computer Methods for Design Automation, PhD Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.Dantzig, G. B.: Linear Programming and Extensions, Princeton University Press, 1963.Google Scholar
- 4.Goldsztejn, A.: A Branch and Prune Algorithm for the Approximation of Non-Linear AE-Solution Sets, in: ACM SAC, 2006, pp. 1650–1654.Google Scholar
- 6.Goldsztejn, A.: Définition et Applications des Extensions des Fonctions Réelles aux Intervalles Généralisés, PhDThesis, Université de Nice-Sophia Antipolis, 2005.Google Scholar
- 9.Markov, S., Popova, E., and Ullrich,Ch.: On the Solution of Linear Algebraic Equations Involving Interval Coefficients, in: Margenov, S. and Vassilevski, P. (eds), Iterative Methods in Linear Algebra, II, IMACS Series in Computational and Applied Mathematics 3 (1996), pp. 216–225.Google Scholar
- 10.Moore, R.: Interval Analysis, Prentice Hall, 1966.Google Scholar
- 12.Neumaier, A.: Interval Methods for Systems of Equations, Cambridge University Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- 17.Shary, S. P.: Algebraic Solutions to Interval Linear Equations and Their Application, in: IMACS— GAMM International Symposium on Numerical Methods and Error Bounds, 1996.Google Scholar