A Method for Outer Interval Solution of Systems of Linear Equations Depending Linearly on Interval Parameters
- 104 Downloads
Consider the systems of linear interval equations whose coefficients are linear functions of interval parameters. Such systems, called parametrized systems of linear interval equations, are encountered in many practical problems, e.g in electrical engineering and structure mechanics. A direct method for computing a tight enclosure for the solution set is proposed in this paper. It is proved that for systems with real matrix and interval right-hand vector the method generates the hull of the solution set. For such systems an explicit formula for the hull is also given. Finally some numerical examples are provided to demonstrate the usefulness of the method in structure mechanics.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Linear Function Linear Equation Computational Mathematic Parametrized System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Kolev, L. V.: Interval Methods for Circuit Analysis, Word Scientific Ltd., Singapore, New Jersey, London, 1993.Google Scholar
- 7.Neumaier, A.: Interval Methods for Systems of Equations, Encyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1990.Google Scholar
- 8.Popova, E. D.: On the Solution of Parametrised Linear Systems, Scientific Computing, Validated Numerics, Interval Methods (2001), pp. 127–138.Google Scholar
- 9.Rohn, J.: On the Interval Hull of the Solution Set of an Interval Linear System, Freiburger Intervall-Ber. 81/5, Universität Freiburg, Freiburg, 1981, pp. 47–57.Google Scholar
- 11.Rump, S. M.: Verification Methods for Dense and Sparse Systems of Equations, in: Herzberger, J. (ed.), Topics in Validated Computations: Proceedings of IMACS-GAMM International Workshop on Validated Computation, Oldenburg, Germany, 30 August–3 September 1993, Studies in Com putational Mathematics 5, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1994, pp. 63–135.Google Scholar