Development and Implementation of an Innovative Metal Receiver for a Slab CBCM Tundish
- 9 Downloads
Features are considered for working conditions of slab CBCM tundishes on the example of the 27-ton unit of the oxygen-converter workshop of PAO Severstal’. Results are provided for mathematical modeling of hydrodynamics in a tundish with different turbulence dampers for the inlet stream. The designed, patented, and implemented metal receiver (brand REINSTREAM®) with a wavy inner surface is intended to improve continuously-cast billet quality, as well as providing increased stability and productivity due to the special design.
Keywordscontinuous casting CBCM tundish metal receiver nonmetallic inclusions (NI) flow movement modeling
- 1.L. M. Aksel’rod and I. V. Kushnerev, “Role of refractories in clean steel production,” Proc. XIV Congress of Steel Smelters (Moscow, Élektrostal’, 17 – 21, October 2016), Élektrostal’, Moscow (2 – 16).Google Scholar
- 2.O. V. Nosenko, “Technology of adding reagents to a tundish during steel pouring in a CBCM,” Stal’, No. 6, 13 – 16 (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.G. A. Filippov, A. S. Tyuftaev, M. Kh. Gadzhiev, et al., “Effect of steel temperature stabilization in a UNRS tundish by a plasma method on sheet mechanical property uniformity after rolling,” Metallurg, No. 3, 49 – 53 (2016).Google Scholar
- 4.P. Tasso, N. Raikhert, K. UiLLoubi, et al., “Tundish as a metallurgical reactor,” Chernye Metally, No. 7, 50 – 56 (2012).Google Scholar
- 5.NLMK Kaluga has established a new production record (Electronic source) PAO NLMK site URL: https://nlmk.com/ru/media-center/news-companies/nlmk-kaluga-ustanovil-novyy-rekordproizvoditelnosti/(access date: 02.16.2018).
- 6.A. M. Longinov, V. V. Tinyakov, S. V. Nikonov, et al., “Modeling design of a CBCM 27-ton tundish for steel smelting production,” Stal’, No. 6, 17 – 18 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.L. M. Aksel’rod, I. V. Kushnerev, S. V. Sukarev, et al., “Production of clean steel and contemporary refractory technology,” Novye Ogneupory, No. 7, 3 – 11 (2017).Google Scholar