Synthesis of a MoSi2-Based Powder Material Under the Influence of Pressure and Shearing
- 1 Downloads
The SHS-grinding method was employed to prepare molybdenum disilicide powder material through the reduction of molybdenum oxide by aluminum and silicon. It is shown that the mechanical action applied to the material after the passing of an SHS-combustion wave through it can destroy the synthesized briquette created by the conventional self-propagating high-temperature synthesis (SHS) method. The increase in the intensity of mechanical action in the course of SHS-grinding breaks the agglomerated particles up into finer fractions, and also changes the morphology of the synthesized powder.
Keywordsmolybdenum disilicide SHS-grinding powder material high-temperature deformation
The work was financed by the Grant of the President of the Russian Federation No. MK-3213.2017.8.
- 2.A. A. Khanamirova, A. R. Adimosyan, and A. P. Apresyan, “Obtaining active ultrafine modified corundum for the production of refractories and ceramics,” Ogneupory i Tekhnicheskaya Keramika, No. 9, 7 – 11 (2008).Google Scholar
- 3.P. M. Pletnev and D. S. Tyul’kin, “Physicochemical principles of obtaining refractories for the production of technical ceramics,” Vestnik Sibirsk. Gosud. Univ. Putej Soobshcheniya, No. 1(36), 21 – 26 (2016).Google Scholar
- 5.S. V. Litovchenko, A. V. Petrichenko, V. M. Beresnev, et al., “Behavior of molybdenum silicide composite coating under mechanical and thermal loads” [in Russian], Fizicheskaya Inzheneriya Poverkhnosti, 9(1), 87 – 93 (2011).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Liang, F. Peng, C. Fan, et al., “Structural stability of ultra-high temperature refractory material MoSi2 and Mo5Si3 under high pressure,” Chinese Physics B, 26(5), No. 053101 (2017).Google Scholar
- 7.P. M. Bazhin, A. M. Stolin, M. V. Mikheev, and M. I. Alymov, “Self-propagating high-temperature synthesis in conditions of combined action of pressure and shearing,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk. Khim. Tekhnol., 473(5), 568 – 571 (2017).Google Scholar
- 8.P. M. Bazhin, A. M. Stolin, A. P. Chizhikov, et al., “The effect of mechanical treatment on the phase formation of the synthesized material based on molybdenum disilicide,” Advanced Materials and Technologies, No. 1, 4 – 8 (2016).Google Scholar