Comparative Analysis of Mobility and Compactability Indices for F240 Grinding Powders from Different Producers
- 7 Downloads
Properties are determined for electrocorundum grinding grits and powders of different grain size from various producers. Powder particle size distribution and also rheological properties are determined by a static method; bulk and tapping densities, time for emergence from a funnel, natural repose angle, flow criteria, compactability and degree of tapping (indices of powder mobility and compactability), and some dynamic properties using a Revolution instrument. Scanning electron microscopy is used to study features of powder morphology. Results are used for comparative analysis of powders and conclusions are drawn.
Keywordsgrinding powder mobility compactability consolidation flow rate particle size distribution rheological properties avalanche energy
Work was performed with financial support of the RF Ministry of Education and Science within the scope of state assignment No. 11.5987.2017/VU in completing work “Organization of scientific research” (number for publication 11.5987.2017/6.7) using equipment of the center for collective usage “Hitech in engineering” of Moscow Polytech.
- 1.I. D. Kashcheev (editor), Refractories for Industrial Units and Boilers. 2 Books. Book 1. Refractory Production: Handbook [in Russian], Intemet Inzhiniring, Moscow (2000).Google Scholar
- 2.A. P. Garshin, V. M. Gropyanov, G. P. Zaitsev, and S. S. Semenov, Ceramics for Engineering [in Russian], Nauktekhlitizdat, Moscow (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.GOST 25389–93. Alumina. Sample selection and preparation, Izd. Standartov, Moscow (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.GOST 25389–93. Alumina. Preparation method and testing, Izd. Standartov, Moscow (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.GOST 24104–2001. Laboratory scales. General technical specifications, Izd. Standartov, Moscow (2001).Google Scholar
- 6.GOST 27801–93. Alumina. Method for determining bulk density. Izd. Standartov, Moscow (1993).Google Scholar
- 7.GOST 25279–93 (ISO 3953–85). Metal Powders. Density determination after tapping. Izd. Standartov, Moscow (1993).Google Scholar
- 8.GOST 27802–93. Alumina. Method for determining natural repose angle. Izd. Standartov, Moscow (1993).Google Scholar
- 9.B. Ya. Bulanov, L. I. Kvater, T. V. Dolgal’, et al., Diagnosis of Metal Powders [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar