Structural Changes during Sintering of Al2O3 3D-Ceramics
- 8 Downloads
Systems of multilevel organized structures are proposed for examining ceramic products with a periodic topology. Structural changes on various scales were studied in corundum ceramics produced by 3D-printing during annealing at 1700°C. Changes of the body geometry, layer structure of the printed sample, material grain structure, and α-Al2O3 grain crystal lattice constants were characterized.
Keywords3D-printing Al2O3 ceramics topology crystal lattice
The research was sponsored by a Russian Science Foundation Grant for Project No. 17-13-01382.
- 1.V. Ya. Shevchenko, M. M. Sychev, A. E. Lapshin, and L. A. Lebedev, “Ceramic materials with the triply periodic minimal surface for constructions functioning under conditions of extreme loads,” Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 43(6), 640 – 643 (2017).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Ya. Shevchenko, M. M. Sychev, A. E. Lapshin, et al., “Polymer structures with the topology of triply periodic minimal surfaces,” Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 43(6), 644 – 648 (2017).Google Scholar
- 3.F. Kotz, K. Arnold, W. Bauer, et al., “Three-dimensional printing of transparent fused silica glass,” Nature, 544, 337 – 339 (2017/4).Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Zlenko, M. V. Nagaitsev, and V. M. Dovbysh, Additive Technologies in Engineering [in Russian], GNTs RF FGUP NAMI, Moscow, 2015, 219 pp.Google Scholar
- 5.N. M. Pavlushkin, Sintered Corundum [in Russian], Promstroiizdat, Moscow, 1961, 208 pp.Google Scholar
- 6.P. M. Pletnev, Yu. K. Nepochatov, E. V. Malikova, and A. A. Bogaev, “Technology of producing corundum armor ceramics modified with complex additives,” Izv. Tomsk. Politekh. Univ., 326(3), 40 – 49 (2015).Google Scholar
- 7.G. V. Samsonov, A. L. Borisova, T. G. Zhidkova, et al., Physicochemical Properties of Oxides: Handbook [in Russian], 2nd Ed., revised and supplemented, Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1978, 471 pp.Google Scholar
- 8.L. M. Kovba and V. K. Trunov, x-ray Phase Analysis [in Russian], MGU, Moscow, 1969, 160 pp.Google Scholar