Study of Artificial Ceramic Binder Properties in the System Al2O3–SiO2–SiC
Artificial ceramic binders based on silicon carbide and high-alumina chamotte are studied. Rheological and physicomechanical properties of mixed ACB are determined. An optimum content is revealed for silicon carbide and high-alumina chamotte ACB. It is established that a thin film of mullite forms at the surface with a firing temperature of 1300°C for ACB specimens of optimum composition.
Keywordssilicon carbide artificial ceramic binder refractories high-alumina chamotte
The work was carried out within the scope of RFFI project No. 14-43-08046.
- 1.Yu. E. Pivinskii, Ceramic and Refractory Materials: Coll. in 3 Vol., Vol. 2 [in Russian], Stroiizdat, St. Petersburg (2003).Google Scholar
- 4.Dan Li, Xiumin Yao, and Jian Chen, “Microstructure and reaction mechanism of SiC ceramic with mullite-zircon as a new liquid-phase sintering additives system,” Mater. Sci. Eng. A., 559, 510 – 514 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.L / Kwang-Young Lim, Young-Wook Kim, and Kwang Joo Kim, “Mechanical properties of electrically conductive silicon carbide ceramics,” Ceram. Internat., 40, Is. 7, Part B, 10577 – 10582 (2014).Google Scholar
- 7.K. N. Finonov, V. N. Kurlov, and N. V. Klassen, “New profiled ceramic based on silicon carbide,” Izv. RAN, Ser. Fiz.., 73(10), 1460 – 1462 (2009).Google Scholar
- 8.S. V. Zhitnyuk, A. A. Evtaev, and G. V. Polatov, “Ceramic materials based on silicon carbide, modified with additions of eutectic compositions,” Uspekhi Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 28(8), 110 – 112 (2014).Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Doroganov, E. A. Doroganov, E. I. Evtushenko, et al., “Refractory materials based on artificial ceramic binder suspension of silicon carbide composition,” Vestn. BGTU im. V. G. Shukova, No. 4, 156 – 160 (2013).Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Doroganov, N. A. Peretokina, E. A. Doroganov, et al., “Study of nanomodified silicon carbide binders and composites based on them,” Novye Ogneupory, No. 9, 44 – 47 (2014).Google Scholar
- 11.V. A. Doroganov and E. I. Evtushenko, Refractory Ceramic Concretes: Monograph, LAB LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, Saarbrucken (2011).Google Scholar