Refractories based on high purity magnesia-lime raw material
- 48 Downloads
Results are presented for studying the effect of grain size composition for ground carbonate raw material and introduction of additions of calcium and magnesium hydrosilicates on clinker properties. A highly dense water-resistant magnesia-lime clinker of apparent density 3.28–3.34 g/cm3 is prepared from magnesia-lime raw material with a firing temperature of 1750–1800°C. A plastifying-water repellent agent has been developed making it possible to process magnesia-lime clinker into materials with a long storage life, i.e. fired granules of clinker for more than one year, fraction 5.0–1.0 mm for not less than 15 days, fraction 1.0–0.5 mm for not less than ten days, and articles for 30–45 days.
KeywordsDolomite Ultimate Strength Apparent Density Refractory Material Compaction Pressure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.US Pat. No. 4944798 C 21 C 7/04, T. Ototani, “Method for manufacturing clean steel,” Publ. 07.31.90.Google Scholar
- 2.RO Pat. No. 96941 C 04 B 35/06, M. Gheorghe Predescu and A. Szabo, “Procede dobtention des produits dolomitiques ou magnesio-dolomitiques,” Publ. 05.30.89.Google Scholar
- 3.US Pat. No. 4999053 C 04 B 35/057, T. Ototani, T. Degawa, R. Kusumoto, and M. Ebata, “Method of producing and iron-, cobalt-and nickel-based alloy having low contents of sulphur, oxygen and nitrogen,” Publ. 03.12.91.Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Martynenko and P. P. Krivoruchko, “Eighth All-World Congress on Refractories UNITECR’2003,” Novye Ogneupory, No. 6, 56 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.V. D. Barbandbré and L. E. Zubakova, “Water-resistant dolomite briquette with free CaO based on Lis’egorsk dolomite,” Ogneupory i Tekhnicheskaya Keramika, No. 10, 12–14 (1998).Google Scholar
- 6.S. A. Suvorov and N. I. Nazmiev, “Highly dense water-resistant materials of magnesia-lime composition,” Proc. Internat Conf. of Refractory Engineers and Metallurgists “Development and production of refractories,” Novye Ogneupory, No. 4, 40–41 (2005).Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. Suvorov, M. I. Nazmiev, A. P. Baranov, et al., “Highly dense water-resistant material based on dolomite,” Novye Ogneupory, No. 5, 36–38 (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Suvorov and M. I. Nazmiev, “Water repellence of materials containing free CaO,” Annotated in ZhPKh, 79(7), 1228–1229 (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Suvorov, M. I. Nazmiev, R. S. Polovinkina, et al., “Water-resistant magnesia-lime clinker,” Novye Ogneupory, No. 9, 38–40 (2006).Google Scholar