Natural graphite ahes and their effect on the properties of carbonized periclase refractories
- 46 Downloads
The properties of Chinese natural graphite of grades FG+194 and FG+198 and their ashes are investigated. The extent of the effect of ash content in graphite on the technical parameters of carbonized periclase refractories with an increased carbon content is demonstrated. The advisability of using low-ash graphite for carbon-bearing refractories is justified.
KeywordsCompressive Strength Cordierite Increase Carbon Content Carbonize Periclase Intermet Engineer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Suvorov, V. A. Musevich, V. G. Dzhangiryan, et al., “Periclase carbonized refractory made by hydrostatic molding for taphole blocks of converters,” Nov. Ogneupory, No. 11, 30–34 (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.S. A. Suvorov and V. A. Musevich, “Carbonized periclase refractories with increased carbon content,” Nov. Ogneupory, No. 4, 39–40 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.I. D. Kashcheev, Oxide-carbonaceous refractories [in Russian], Intermet Engineering, Moscow (2000).Google Scholar
- 4.S. I. Borovik, N. V. Pykhova, G. A. Lysova, et al., “The effect of properties of natural graphite on service properties of carbon-bearing refractories,” Nov. Ogneupory, No. 10, 49–51 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.Jap. Pat. No. 6107453, Imai Isao, Yasui Kohei, Yasuda Yoshihiro, Kijima Masahiko, and Sasaki Mochio, published 19.04.1994.Google Scholar
- 6.Ts. Sato, H. Araya, and T. Kavasami, “The effect of graphite particle size on parameters of periclase-carbon products,” Dzaire to Purosesu, 3(1), 227 (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Sakaguthi, H. Ishii, and H. Aratani, “The effect of graphite particle size on the properties of periclase-carbon refractories,” Taikabutsu, 43(8), 411–412 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Sakaguthi and H. Ishii, “Effect of graphite particle size on properties of MgO-C-bricks,” Taikabutsu Overseas, 13(1), 27–29 (1993).Google Scholar
- 10.S. A. Suvorov and V. V. Kozlov, “Determination of solid-liquid phase transformations”, Nov. Ogneupory, No. 10, 42–44 (2006).Google Scholar
- 11.L. B. Khoroshavin, V. A. Perepelitsyn, and V. A. Kononov, Magnesian Refractories: Reference Book [in Russian], Intermet Engineering, Moscow (2001).Google Scholar