Partial reconstruction of furnaces for firing carbon-graphite products
- 15 Downloads
Furnaces for firing electrode products has inherent design drawbacks that reduce their service life and have a negative effect on firing quality. The Novosibirsk ElectrodeWorks has repaired two 32-chamber furnaces with their partial reconstruction enabling one to significantly extend their service life. The design of the reconstructed furnace and the reconstruction procedures are described.
KeywordsPartial Reconstruction Refractory Brick Furnace Bottom Capital Repair Firing Furnace
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Litvin, Theoretical Principles of Thermal Engineering [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Tymchak (ed.), Design of Heating and Thermal Furnaces, Reference Book [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.E. I. Kazantsev, Industrial Furnaces [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Agroskin, et al., “Thermophysical properties of some electrode carbon materials,” Tsvetn. Met., No. 12 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Klimenko (ed.), Thermal Power and Thermal Engineering: General Aspects, Reference Book [in Russian], MÉI, Moscow (2000).Google Scholar