FeNi3@SiO2 nanoparticles: an efficient and selective heterogeneous catalyst for the epoxidation of olefins and the oxidation of sulfides in the presence of meta-chloroperoxybenzoic acid at room temperature
- 70 Downloads
In this article, FeNi3 nanoparticles were coated by silica and applied for green, inexpensive, selective and efficient epoxidation of alkenes as well as oxidation of sulfides to the corresponding sulfoxides. The oxidation was performed over FeNi3@SiO2 nanoparticles in the presence of meta-chloroperoxybenzoic acid as an oxygen source in dichloromethane at room temperature. High reaction conversion as well as oxidation product selectivity were obtained for both sulfoxide or epoxide compounds. The properties of the catalyst were studied by transmission electron microscopy, powder X-ray diffraction, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and vibrating sample magnetometer instruments. The heterogeneous nanocatalyst was magnetically recovered and could be reused in at least five consecutive runs without noticeable reactivity loss.
KeywordsFeNi3@SiO2 nanoparticles Heterogeneous Magnetically recoverable Olefins Sulfides
The authors are grateful to the University of Birjand for financial support.
- 6.Kazemnejadi M, Shakeri A, Nikookar M, Mohammadi M, Esmaeilpour M (2017) Co(II) Schiff base complex decorated on polysalicylaldehyde as an efficient, selective, heterogeneous and reusable catalyst for epoxidation of olefins in mild and self-coreductant conditions. Res Chem Intermed 43:6889–6910CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Kazemnejadi M, Sardarian AR (2016) Ecofriendly synthesis of a heterogeneous polyvinyl alcohol immobilized copper (ii) Schiff base complex as an efficient, reusable catalyst for the one-pot three-component green preparation of 5-substituted 1H-tetrazoles under mild conditions. RSC Adv 6:91999–92006CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Moeini N, Tamoradi T, Ghadermazi M, Ghorbani-Choghamarani A (2018) Anchoring Ni(II) on Fe3O4@tryptophan: a recyclable, green and extremely efficient magnetic nanocatalyst for one-pot synthesis of 5-substituted 1H-tetrazoles and chemoselective oxidation of sulfides and thiols. Appl Organomet Chem 32:e4445CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.Kazemnejadi M, Shakeri A, Mohammadi M, Tabefam M (2017) Direct preparation of oximes and Schiff bases by oxidation of primary benzylic or allylic alcohols in the presence of primary amines using Mn(III) complex of polysalicylaldehyde as an efficient and selective heterogeneous catalyst by molecular oxygen. J Iran Chem Soc 14:1917–1933CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.Esmaeilpour M, Sardarian AR, Javidi J (2012) Schiff base complex of metal ions supported on superparamagnetic Fe3O4@ SiO2 nanoparticles: an efficient, selective and recyclable catalyst for synthesis of 1, 1-diacetates from aldehydes under solvent-free conditions. Appl Catal A 445:359–367CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 30.Shiri L, Ghorbani-Choghamarani A, Kazemi M (2017) Synthesis and characterization of tribenzyl ammonium-tribromide supported on magnetic Fe3O4 nanoparticles: a robust magnetically recoverable catalyst for the oxidative coupling of thiols and oxidation of sulfides. Res Chem Intermed 43:2707–2724CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 31.Rostamnia S, Gholipour B, Liu X, Wang Y, Arandiyan H (2018) NH2-coordinately immobilized tris(8-quinolinolato) iron onto the silica coated magnetite nanoparticle: Fe3O4@ SiO2-FeQ3 as a selective Fenton-like catalyst for clean oxidation of sulfides. J Colloid Interface Sci 511:447–455CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 50.Bartlett PD (1950) Recent work on the mechanisms of peroxide reactions. Rec Chem Prog 11:47–51Google Scholar