Scientific legacy of Georgy K. Boreskov: bibliometric and thematic analysis
- 142 Downloads
Year 2017 is momentous by the 110th anniversary of Prof. Georgy K. Boreskov’s birth. Prof. Georgy K. Boreskov (1907–1984) was a great scientist who made invaluable contribution to the theory of catalysis, kinetics and mechanisms of catalytic reactions. In 1958 he founded the Institute of Catalysis within the structure of Siberian Branch of Academy of Sciences, USSR. The Institute was headed by him until his death in 1984. Bibliometric and thematic analysis of scientific legacy of Prof. Georgy K. Boreskov represented by his publications 1929–1988 referred in the Web of Science, Scopus, Chemical Abstracts Plus and Russian Science Citation Index databases has been performed to highlight his unique contribution into the field of fundamental and applied catalysis. Among the widest areas of his expertise, heterogeneous oxidation catalysis significantly predominates. In patent publications authored by G. K. Boreskov, sulfur oxides are the most frequent compounds. The journal Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis Letters occupies third position (after Kinetics and Catalysis and Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR) among the most frequent journal titles, where research works of G. K. Boreskov were published.
KeywordsGeorgy K. Boreskov Bibliometric analysis Catalysis Databases Thematic analysis
This work was supported by Russian Academy of Sciences and Federal Agency of Scientific Organizations (state-guaranteed order for BIC, Project Number 0303-2016-0014).
- 4.Chemical Abstracts Plus. https://www.cas.org/content/references
- 5.Russian Science Citation Index. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Science_Citation_Index
- 6.CAS Registry Numbers. https://www.cas.org/content/chemical-substances/
- 7.International Patent Classification. https://www.google.com/patents/sitemap/en/Sitemap.html
- 8.Mikhail Gavrilovich Slin’ko—Serving to the Science and Fatherland (2014) SB RAS, Novosibirsk (In Russian)Google Scholar