Detection of an Ultra-Wideband Quasi Radio Signal with Unknown Duration Against the Background of White Noise
- 3 Downloads
We develop the maximum likelihood algorithm for detecting an ultra-wideband quasi radio signal with an arbitrary shape and unknown amplitude, initial phase, and duration, which is observed against the background of additive Gaussian white noise. The structure and statistical characteristics of this algorithm are found. The influence of a priori ignorance of the duration of a quasi radio signal on its detection efficiency is studied. The operation efficiencies of the maximum-likelihood and quasioptimal detectors of the ultra-wideband quasi radio signal are compared. Using computer simulation, the efficiency of the synthesized algorithm is examined and the applicability ranges of the obtained asymptotic expressions for its characteristics are determined.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. S. Akimov, P. A. Bakut, V. A. Bogdanovich, et al., Signal Detection Theory [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Tikhonov, Optimal Signal Reception [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Radzievsky and P. A. Trifonov, Processing of Ultra-Wideband Signals against a Background of Noise [in Russian], Radiotekhnika, Moscow (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.F. Nekoogar and F. Dowla, Ultra-Wideband Radio Frequency Identification Systems, Springer, New York (2011).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. É. Korchagin, Radiotekhnika, No. 9, 11 (2013).Google Scholar
- 10.V. I. Tikhonov, Statistical Radioengineering [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 11.V. I. Tikhonov and V. N. Kharisov, Statistical Analysis and Synthesis of Radioengineering Devices and Systems [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 12.V. I. Tikhonov and M. A. Mironov, Markov Processes [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 13.M. Abramowitz and I. A. Stegun, eds., Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover, New York (1965).Google Scholar
- 14.A. P. Trifonov, Yu. E. Korchagin, and K. D. Titov, in: 2017 IEEE Conf. on “Dynamics of Systems, Mechanisms and Machines,” Omsk, Russia, November 14–16, 2017, p. 17467664.Google Scholar
- 15.A. P. Trifonov, Yu. É. Korchagin, and K. D. Titov, Radiotekhnika, No. 6, 99 (2016).Google Scholar