Influence of the Choice of Boundary Conditions on the Distribution of the Electric Field in Models of the Global Electric Circuit
- 10 Downloads
We obtain a new analytical representation of the solution for the classical model of the Roble—Hays global electric circuit, where the connection between the values of the electric potential and the current at magnetically conjugate points of the upper boundary of the atmosphere is allowed for in the boundary conditions. Using this representation, we analyze the influence of various boundary conditions at the upper boundary of the atmosphere on the potential distribution and present an estimate of perturbations of the electric field by thunderstorm sources at magnetically conjugate points.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.V. N. Morozov, Mathematical Modeling of Atmospheric Electric Processes Allowing for the Influence of Aerosol Particles and Radioactive Substances [in Russian], Russian State Hydrometeorological Univ., St. Petersburg (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.J. Jánský and V.P.Pasko, J. Geophys. Res. Space Phys., 120, No. 12, 10654 (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.G. M. Lucas, A. J. G. Baumgaertner, and J.P.Thayer, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 120, No. 23, 12054 (2015).Google Scholar
- 15.M. Abramowitz and I.A. Stegun (eds.), Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover, New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 16.V. S. Vladimirov, Equations of Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar