Experimental Observation of the Self-Oscillatory Dynamics of the Regulation Contours of the Cardiovascular System
- 13 Downloads
In this work, we experimentally study the heart rate variability, photoplethysmograms, and electroencephalograms of healthy subjects in the course of active experiments with respiration, whose rate varied according to a known law. On the basis of the experimentally measured signals of the heart rate variability, photoplethysmograms, and electroencephalograms, it is shown that the low-frequency regulation processes with frequencies below 1 Hz interact with each other and are significantly influenced by the respiration process. The obtained results are indicative of the presence of several vegetative-regulation centers whose activity is manifested in the low-frequency dynamics of the signals of the heart rate variability, photoplethysmograms, and electroencephalograms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Guyton and J. Hall, Textbook of Medical Physiology, 12th Edition, Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. M. Romanovsky, N. V. Stepanova, and D. S. Chernavsky, Mathematical Simulation in Biophysics [in Russian], Space Research Institute, Moscow (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.“Heart rate variability,” in: Circulation, 93, 1043 (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Björnson, J. Borön, and A. Mardinoglu, Frontiers Physiol., 7, No. 2, 1 (2016).Google Scholar
- 6.E. H. Hon and S. T. Lee, Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol., 15, No. 87, 814 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Karavaev, A. E. Runnova, E. I. Borovkova, et al., Saratov Nauchn. Med. Zh., 12, No. 4, 541 (2016).Google Scholar
- 17.R. M. Baevsky, G. G. Ivanov, L. V. Chireikin, et al., Vest. Aritmol., 24, 65 (2001).Google Scholar
- 18.R. M. Baevsky, Klinich. Informat. Telemed., 1, No. 1, 54 (2004).Google Scholar
- 19.A. A. Koronovskii and A. E. Hramov, Continuous Wavelet Analysis and its Applications [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2003).Google Scholar
- 26.M. Ursino, Am. J. Physiol., 275, No. 5, H1733 (1998).Google Scholar
- 27.R. W. de Boer, J. M. Karemaker, and J. Strackee, Am. J. Physiol., 253, No. 3, H680 (1987).Google Scholar