Interaction of Acoustic Waves in The Media with Quadratically Bimodular Nonlinearity
- 20 Downloads
We obtain the quadratically bimodular equation of state for a rod with cracks on the basis of a model of the crack as an elastic contact of rough surfaces of solids. The perturbation method is used to theoretically study the propagation and interaction of collinear longitudinal elastic (strong low-frequency and weak high-frequency) waves in such media. Expressions for the amplitudes of the secondary waves, namely, the second and the fourth harmonics of the strong wave, the second harmonic of the weak wave, and the combination-frequency waves are obtained.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L.K. Zarembo and V. A. Krasil’nikov, Introduction to Nonlinear Acoustics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.K. A. Naugol’nykh and L. A. Ostrovsky, Nonlinear Wave Processes in Acoustics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1998).Google Scholar
- 6.G. V. Egorov and É. I. Mashinsky, Tekhnol. Seismoraz., No. 1, 72 (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.M. A. Isakovich, General Acoustics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Ambartsumyan, Bimodular Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 15.I. Sneddon, Fourier Transformations, Courier Corporation, New York (1951).Google Scholar
- 17.V. Yu. Zaitsev and P. Sas, Acta Acust. United Ac., 86, 216 (2000).Google Scholar