Formation of the radiation field with given spatial-polarization characteristics by a system of crossed impedance dipoles
- 24 Downloads
We demonstrate the possibility to form the radiation field with given spatial-polarization characteristics by a system of in-phase crossed dipoles with identical geometrical sizes, but different surface impedances, which are located over a perfectly conducting plane. The distributions of the far-zone electromagnetic field and the polarization characteristics of the radiation from such a structure are calculated and presented as functions of the distributed surface impedance of the dipoles.
KeywordsCircular Polarization Surface Impedance Spatial Direction Polarization Characteristic Elliptical Polarization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Shpuntov, ed., Antennas of Elliptical Polarization [in Russian], IIL, Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Skolnik, ed., Radar Handbook, McGraw-Hill, New York (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.S. V. Zemlyanskiy, S. E. Mishchenko, and V. V. Shatskiy, in: Proc. VI Int. Symp. on Electromagnetic Compatibility and Electromagnetic Ecology, St. Petersburg, Russia (2005), p. 135.Google Scholar
- 4.C. A. Balanis, ed. Modern Antenna Handbook, Wiley, Hoboken, N.J. (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Leontovich, in: Studies of Radio Wave Propagation [in Russian], USSR Acad. Sci., Moscow, (1948), p. 5.Google Scholar
- 7.M. A. Miller and V. I. Talanov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz., 4, No. 5, 795 (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.M. V. Nesterenko, V. A. Katrich, and V. M. Dakhov, Radiofiz. Radioastron., 10, No. 3, 314 (2005).Google Scholar
- 9.M. V. Nesterenko, Vestnik Kharkov Nat. Univ., Radiofiz. Élektron., No. 544, 47 (2002).Google Scholar