Planar detectors for multielement systems of millimeter-wave imaging
- 30 Downloads
We discuss the concept of developing a millimeter-wave multielement matrix receiver on the basis of planar antennas with directly coupled low-barrier Schottky diodes. Three main problems are considered which involve choosing and developing a design of the planar antenna coupled with the low-barrier Schottky diode, optimizing the parameters of the low-barrier Schottky diodes for obtaining maximum sensitivity, and ensuring compact arrangement with weak mutual influence of the planar detectors in a two-dimensional array. We propose a design of the slot antenna with an active resistance of about 800 Ω at a resonant frequency of 94 GHz. The detection characteristics of diodes with the differential Schottky-barrier resistance in the range Rj = 0.4–1000 kΩ for a zero bias are studied experimentally. The mutual influence of the neighboring antennas is examined for developing the multielement radio-imaging system. The conditions of weak cross influence of the closely located planar detectors are determined.
KeywordsResonant Frequency Directional Pattern Planar Detector Slot Antenna Planar Antenna
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.E. O. Iounevich and V. E. Lioubtchenko, in: Proc. MSMW 98 Symp., Kharkov, Ukraine, September 15–17, 1988, p. 152.Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Shashkin, V. M. Daniltsev, O. I. Khrykin, et. al., in: Proc. Int. Semicond. Dev. Res. Symp., Charlottesville, USA, 1997, p. 147.Google Scholar
- 10.V. I. Shashkin, A. V. Murel’, Yu. N. Drozdov, et al., Rus. Microelectron., 26, No. 1, 49 (1997).Google Scholar
- 13.B. A. Panchenko and E. I. Nefedov, Microstrip Antennas [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 14.G. N. Kocherzhevsky, Antenna-Feeder Devices [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 15.C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, Wiley, New York (1982).Google Scholar
- 16.G. Z. Aizenberg, Ultrashort-Wave Antennas [in Russian], Moscow (1957).Google Scholar