An abelian analogue of Schanuel’s conjecture and applications
- 37 Downloads
In this article we study an abelian analogue of Schanuel’s conjecture. This conjecture falls in the realm of the generalised period conjecture of André. As shown by Bertolin, the generalised period conjecture includes Schanuel’s conjecture as a special case. Extending methods of Bertolin, it can be shown that the abelian analogue of Schanuel’s conjecture we consider also follows from André’s conjecture. Cheng et al. showed that the classical Schanuel’s conjecture implies the algebraic independence of the values of the iterated exponential function and the values of the iterated logarithmic function, answering a question of Waldschmidt. We then investigate a similar question in the setup of abelian varieties.
KeywordsAbelian analogue of Schanuel’s conjecture Linear disjointness Algebraic independence
Mathematics Subject Classification11J81 11J89 11J95
The authors would like to thank D. Bertrand for helpful discussions and useful comments on an earlier version of this article. The second and the third authors would like to thank the Institut de Mathématiques de Jussieu for hospitality during academic visits in the frame of the IRSES Moduli and LIA. The authors would also like to thank the referee for helpful suggestions.
- 2.André, Y.: Une introduction aux motifs, Panoramas et Synthèses 17. Société Math. France, Paris (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Chandrasekharan, K.: Elliptic Functions, Grundlehren der Mathematischen Wissenschaften 281. Springer, Berlin (1985)Google Scholar
- 6.Deligne, P.: Hodge Cycles on Abelian Varieties, Hodge Cycles, Motives and Shimura Varieties, Lecture Notes in Math, pp. 6–77. Springer, New York (1975)Google Scholar
- 7.Lang, S.: Algebra, Graduate Texts in Math, 3rd edn. Springer, New York (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Vallée, G.: Sur la conjecture de Schanuel abélienne, preprint (13 p.), October 2018Google Scholar