The q-Heun operator of big q-Jacobi type and the q-Heun algebra
- 42 Downloads
The q-Heun operator of the big q-Jacobi type on the exponential grid is defined. This operator is the most general second-order q-difference operator that maps polynomials of degree n to polynomials of degree \(n+1\). It is tridiagonal in bases made out of either q-Pochhammer or big q-Jacobi polynomials and is bilinear in the operators of the q-Hahn algebra. The extension of this algebra that includes the q-Heun operator as generator is described. Biorthogonal Pastro polynomials are shown to satisfy a generalized eigenvalue problem or equivalently to be in the kernel of a special linear pencil made out of two q-Heun operators. The special case of the q-Heun operator associated to the little q-Jacobi polynomials is also treated.
KeywordsHeun operator q-orthogonal polynomials Askey–Wilson algebra
Mathematics Subject Classification34D45 39A13
PB and AZ would wish to acknowledge the hospitality of the CRM during the course of this work.
- 1.Baseilhac, P., Martin, X., Vinet, L., Zhedanov, A.: Little and big q-Jacobi polynomials and the Askey-Wilson algebra. arXiv:1806.02656
- 2.Genest, V., Ismail, M.E.H., Vinet, L., Zhedanov, A.: Tridiagonalization of the hypergeometric operator and the Racah-Wilson algebra. arXiv:1506.07803
- 3.Granovskii, Y.I., Zhedanov, A.: Exactly solvable problems and their quadratic algebras. DonFTI, Preprint (1989)Google Scholar
- 6.Grünbaum, F.A., Vinet, L., Zhedanov, A.: Algebraic Heun operator and band-time limiting. arXiv:1711.07862
- 11.Magnus, A., Ndayiragije, F., Ronveaux, A.: Heun differential equation satisfied by some classical biorthogonal rational functions. (to be published). https://perso.uclouvain.be/alphonse.magnus/num3/biorthclassCanterb2017.pdf
- 14.Ruijsenaars, S.N.M.: Integrable \(BC_N\) analytic difference operators: hidden parameter symmetries and eigenfunctions. In: New Trends in Integrability and Partial Solvability, NATO Sci. Ser. II Math. Phys. Chem., vol. 132, pp. 217–261. Kluwer Acad. Publ., Dordrecht (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Takemura, K.: On \(q\)-deformations of Heun equation. arxiv:1712.09564
- 19.Vinet, L., Zhedanov, A.: The Heun operator of Hahn type. arXiv:1808.00153