Content validity and legacy patient-reported outcome measures in cancer
KeywordsMelanoma Guidance Document Comparative Effectiveness Research Appetite Loss Label Claim
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.US Department of Health and Human Services. Guidance for industry: Patient-reported outcome measures: use in medical product development to support labeling claims. December 2009, http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/UCM193282.pdf.
- 2.DeMuro, C., Clark, M., Mordin, M., Fehnel, S., Copley-Merriman, C., & Gnanasakthy, A. (2012). Reasons for rejection of patient-reported outcome label claims: A compilation based on a review of patient-reported outcome use among new molecular entities and biologic license applications, 2006–2010. Value in Health., 15, 443–448.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Aaronson, N. K., Ahmedzai, S., Bergman, B., Bullinger, M., Cull, A., Duez, N. J., et al. (1993). The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer QLQ-C30: A quality-of-life instrument for use in international clinical trials in oncology. Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 85, 365–376.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Basch, E., Abernethy, A. P., Mullins, C. D., Reeve, B. B., Smith, M. L., Coons, S. J., et al. (2012). Recommendations for incorporating patient-reported outcomes into clinical comparative effectiveness research in adult oncology. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 30, 4249–4255.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Velikova, G., Booth, L., Smith, A. B., Brown, P. M., Lynch, P., Brown, J. M., & Selby, P. J. (2004). Measuring quality of life in routine oncology practice improves communication and patient well-being: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 22, 714–724.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.EORTC Quality of Life Group. Guidelines for developing questionnaire modules 2011. Accessed October 28, 2014, http://groups.eortc.be/qol/manuals.
- 8.Reeve, B.B., Mitchell, S.A., Dueck, A.C., Basch, E., Cella, D., Reilly, C.M., Minasian, L.M., Denicoff, A.M., O’Mara, A.M., Fisch, M.J., Chauhan, C., Aaronson, N.K., Coens, C., Bruner, D.W. (2014). Recommended patient-reported core set of symptoms to measure in adult cancer treatment trials. Journal of National Cancer Institute, 106(7).Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014