Validation of the Brazilian version of Chronic Liver Disease Questionnaire
The aim of this study was to validate the Chronic Liver Disease Questionnaire (CLDQ) for use in Brazilian population.
A total of 200 patients with chronic liver disease and varying disease severity answered a socio-demographic questionnaire, t CLDQ, and the Medical Outcome Study Short Form 36 (SF-36). Patients returned in 1–15 days to answer CLDQ again. The Cronbach’s alpha of the total CLDQ score was 0.95 and fluctuated between 0.69 and 0.83 in its six domains.
The intra-class correlation between total CLDQ scores in two evaluations was 0.97 and in all domains was >0.93. CLDQ was moderately correlated with the SF-36, 0.63 (total CLDQ vs. vitality, SF-36), 0.62 (CLDQ and mental health, SF-36), 0.62 (preoccupation, CLDQ, vs. General Health, SF-36), 0.59 (fatigue, CLDQ, vs. vitality, SF-36), 0.59 (activity, CLDQ, vs. vitality, SF-36), and 0.59 (fatigue, CLDQ, vs. mental health, SF-36). The highest scores were found in non-cirrhotic group. Child A patients had higher average scores than Child B and C groups in all domains, while patients with MELD <15 scored higher than patients with MELD ≥15.
CLDQ-BR was validated in Brazilian population and was appropriate for use in patients with liver disease of different etiologies and degrees of severity.
KeywordsQuality of life Chronic liver disease Validation CLDQ MELD
- 2.[World Health Organization] Available from URL:http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs204/en/index.html accessed in  (August, 2003).
- 13.Rucci, P., Taliani, G., Cirrincione, L., Alberti, A., Bartolozzi, D., Caporaso, N., et al. (2005). Validity and reliability of the Italian version of the Chronic Liver Disease Questionnaire (CLDQ-I) for the assessment of health related quality of life. Digestive and Liver Disease, 37(11), 850–860.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Mahmoudi, H., Jafari, P., Alizadeh-Naini, M., Gholami, S., Malek-Hosseini, S.A., Ghaffaripour, S. (2011) Validity and reliability of Persian version of chronic liver disease questionnaire (CLDQ). Quality of Life Research 20(1), 1–7.Google Scholar
- 18.Ciconelli, R. M., Ferraz, M. B., Santos, W., Meinão, I., & Quaresma, M. R. (1999). Tradução para a língua portuguesa e validação do questionário genérico de avaliação de qualidade de vida SF-36. Revista Brasileira de Reumatologia, 39(3), 143–149.Google Scholar
- 19.Mucci, S., Citero, V. A., & Nogueira-Martins, L. A. (2005). Tradução e adaptação transcultural do instrumento de qualidade de vida específico para pacientes com hepatopatia crônica-Chronic Liver Disease Questionnaire (CLDQ). Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria, 27, 60.Google Scholar
- 20.Child, C. G., & Turcotte, J. G. (1964). Surgery and portal hypertension: Major Problems. Clinical Surgery, 1, 1–85.Google Scholar