Designing quantum router in IBM quantum computer
- 257 Downloads
Quantum router is an essential ingredient in a quantum network. Here, we propose a new quantum circuit for designing quantum router by using IBM’s five-qubit quantum computer. We design an equivalent quantum circuit, by means of single-qubit and two-qubit quantum gates, which can perform the operation of a quantum router. Here, we show the routing of signal information in two different paths (two signal qubits), which is directed by a control qubit. According to the process of routing, the signal information is found to be in a coherent superposition of two paths. We demonstrate the quantum nature of the router by illustrating the entanglement between the control qubit and the two signal qubits (two paths) and confirm the well preservation of the signal information in either of the two paths after the routing process. We perform quantum state tomography to verify the generation of entanglement and preservation of information. It is found that the experimental results are obtained with good fidelity.
KeywordsQuantum router Quantum communication IBM quantum experience
B.K.B. acknowledges financial support of IISER Kolkata. T.R. and A.G. acknowledge financial support of Inspire fellowship provided by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India. We acknowledge the support of IBM Quantum Experience for providing access to the IBM quantum processors. The views expressed are those of the authors and do not reflect the official position of IBM or the IBM Quantum Experience team.
Theoretical analysis, design of quantum circuit and simulation were performed by B.K.B, T.R and A.G. Collection and analysis of data were performed by B.K.B. and T.R. The project was supervised by B.K.B. A thorough checking of the manuscript was done by P.K.P. B.K.B., T.R. and A.G. have completed the project under the guidance of P.K.P.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare no competing financial as well as non-financial interests.
The data that support the findings of this study are available from the corresponding author upon reasonable request.
- 5.Medhi, D., Ramasamy, K.: Network Routing: Algorithms, Protocols, and Architectures. Morgan Kaufmann, Burlington (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Doyle, J., Carroll, J.D.: Routing TCP/IP. Cisco Press, Indianapolis (2005)Google Scholar
- 30.Chang, X.-Y., Wang, Y.-X., Zu, C., Liu, K., Duan, L.-M.: Experimental demonstration of an entanglement-based quantum router. arXiv preprint arXiv:1207.7265v1 (2012)
- 41.Maji, R., Behera, B.K., Panigrahi, P.K.: Solving Linear Systems of Equations by Using the Concept of Grover’s Search Algorithm: An IBM Quantum Experience. arXiv preprint arXiv:1801.00778 (2017)
- 42.Gurnani, K., Behera, B.K., Panigrahi, P.K.: Demonstration of Optimal Fixed-Point Quantum Search Algorithm in IBM Quantum Computer. arXiv preprint arXiv:1712.10231 (2017)
- 43.Gangopadhyay, S., Manabputra, Behera, B.K., Panigrahi, P.K.: Generalization and demonstration of an entanglement-based Deutsch–Jozsa-like algorithm using a 5-qubit quantum computer. Quantum Inf. Process. 17, 160 (2018)Google Scholar
- 51.Das, S., Paul, G.: Experimental test of Hardy’s paradox on a five-qubit quantum computer. arXiv preprint arXiv:1712.04925 (2017)
- 55.Roy, S., Behera, B.K., Panigrahi, P.K.: Experimental realization of quantum violation of entropic noncontextual inequality in four dimension using IBM quantum computer. arXiv preprint arXiv:1710.10717 (2017)
- 58.Hegade, N.N., Behera, B.K., Panigrahi, P.K.: Experimental demonstration of quantum tunneling in IBM quantum computer. arXiv preprint arXiv:1712.07326 (2017)
- 59.Riste, D., Silva, M.P.d., Ryan, C.A., Cross, A.W., Corcoles, A.D., Smolin, J.A., Gambetta, J.M., Chow, J.M., Johnson, B.R.: Demonstration of quantum advantage in machine learning. npj Quantum Inf. 3, 16 (2017)Google Scholar
- 60.Hu, W.: Empirical analysis of decision making of an AI agent on IBM’s 5Q quantum computer. Nat. Sci. 10, 45 (2018)Google Scholar
- 62.Dash, A., Rout, S., Behera, B.K., Panigrahi, P.K.: Quantum locker using a novel verification algorithm and its experimental realization in IBM quantum computer. arXiv preprint arXiv:1710.05196 (2017)