Real-time selection for free-space measurement device independent quantum key distribution
- 38 Downloads
In consideration of the time-dependent transmittance caused by atmospheric turbulence, we combine real-time selection (RTS) method with measurement device independent quantum key distribution (MDI-QKD). The modified scheme filters out the intervals with high channel transmittance and thus in turn increases the secure key rate. The optimal threshold of post-selection is determined by an iterative algorithm in advance, which balances the decrease in the total number of signals and the increase in average transmittance. Simulation results show that our modified scheme has apparent advances in both maximum tolerant loss and secure key rate compared to the original MDI-QKD protocol. The MDI-QKD with RTS even performs better when the level of turbulence becomes larger. Furthermore, the modified scheme is more stable against the statistical fluctuation as well.
KeywordsQuantum key distribution Measurement device independent quantum key distribution Atmospheric turbulence
C. Dong is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 11704412). C. Dong is supported by the Foundation of National University of Defense and Technology (Grant No. ZK17-02-09).
- 4.Gottesman, D., Lo. H.K., Lütkenhaus, N., et al.: Security of quantum key distribution with imperfect devices. Information Theory, 2004. In: Proceedings. International Symposium on ISIT 2004. IEEE, p. 136 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Takesue, H., Nam, S.W., Zhang, Q., et al.: Quantum key distribution over a 40 dB channel loss using superconducting single-photon detectors. Nat. Photonics 1(17), 5078–5081 (2007)Google Scholar
- 20.Wang, L., Zhao, S.M., Gong, L.Y., et al.: Free-space measurement-device-independent quantum-key-distribution protocol using decoy states with orbital angular momentum. Chin. Phys. B 24(12), 238–245 (2015)Google Scholar
- 21.Goyal, S., Ibrahim, A.H., Roux, F.S., et al. Experimental orbital angular momentum based quantum key distribution through turbulence. arXiv ID: 1412.0788Google Scholar
- 26.Bedington, R., Arrazola, J.M., Ling, A.: Progress in satellite quantum key distribution. Nature 3, 30 (2017)Google Scholar