A notion of quantum conference is introduced in analogy with the usual notion of a conference that happens frequently in today’s world. Quantum conference is defined as a multiparty secure communication task that allows each party to communicate their message simultaneously to all other parties in a secure manner using quantum resources. Two efficient and secure protocols for quantum conference have been proposed. The security and efficiency of the proposed protocols have been analyzed critically. It is shown that the proposed protocols can be realized using a large number of entangled states and group of operators. Further, it is shown that the proposed schemes can be easily reduced to a protocol for multiparty quantum key distribution and some earlier proposed schemes of quantum conference, where the notion of quantum conference was different.
KeywordsSecure quantum communication Quantum conference Multiparty quantum communication Entangled states
AB acknowledges support from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India (Scientists’ Pool Scheme). CS thanks Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows No. 15F15015. She also thanks Tsinghua University, Beijing, China for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship awarded by the University. KT and AP thank Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO), India for the support provided through the Project Number ERIP/ER/1403163/M/01/1603.
- 1.Bennett, C.H., Brassard, G.: Quantum cryptography: public key distribution and coin tossing. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computers, Systems, and Signal Processing, Bangalore, India, pp. 175–179 (1984)Google Scholar
- 2.Shor, P.W.: Polynomial-time algorithms for prime factorization and discrete logarithms on a quantum computer. In: Proceedings of 35th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, Santa Fe. IEEE Computer Society Press (1994)Google Scholar
- 25.Wikipedia: Conference. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conference. Accessed 28 Jan 2017
- 26.English Oxford Dictionaries: Conference. https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/conference. Accessed 28 Jan 2017
- 53.Pathak, A., Thapliyal, K.: A comment on the one step quantum key distribution based on EPR entanglement. arXiv preprint arXiv:1609.07473 (2016)