Reversibility of Local Transformations of Multiparticle Entanglement
- 84 Downloads
We consider the transformation of multisystem entangled states by local quantum operations and classical communication. We show that, for any reversible transformation, the relative entropy of entanglement for any two parties must remain constant. This shows, for example, that it is not possible to convert 2N three-party GHZ states into 3N singlets, even in an asymptotic sense. Thus there is true three-party non-locality (i.e. not all three party entanglement is equivalent to two-party entanglement). Our results also allow us to make quantitative. statements about concentrating multi-particle entanglement. Finally, we show that there is true n-party entanglement for any n.
KeywordsMultiparticle entanglement reversibility local operations relative entropy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bennett, C. H., Popescu, C. H., Rohrlich, D., Smolin, J. A., Thapliyal, A. V. 201)Phys. Rev. A65012307Google Scholar
- 3.Ohya, M., Petz, D. 1993Quantum Entropy and Its UseSpringer-VerlagBerlinGoogle Scholar
- 5.M. J. Donald and M. Horodecki, Phys. Lett A. 264. 257 (1999); M. A. Nielsen, Phys. Rev. A. 61. 064301 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Audenaert, J. Eisert et al., quant-ph/0103096.Google Scholar
- 7.Subsequently to the original submission of the manuscript, states for which this is true have been found, see G. Vidal et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 85. 658 (2000).Google Scholar