Mathematical modeling of the generation of topographic internal waves by nonstationary currents
- First Online:
- 24 Downloads
In the linear statement, within the framework of long-wave approximation, we develop a mathematical model for the numerical analysis of the fields of internal waves generated by a local unevenness of the bottom in a nonstationary spatially homogeneous flow. For the corresponding problem, we obtain the solution suitable for numerical calculations. We study the effects connected with periodic changes in the direction of currents and analyze the horizontal distribution of amplitudes for a single internal mode and the dependence of this distribution on the Coriolis parameter.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. V. Cherkesov, V. I. Vlasenko, N. M. Stashchuk, A. M. Suvorov, and V. V. Fomin, Hydrodynamics of Sea Waves [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.L. N. Sretenskii, “On the waves induced by a ship moving along a circular path,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR. O.T.N., 1, 13–22 (1946).Google Scholar
- 4.A. E. Bukatov and V. V. Zharkov, “Generation of three-dimensional bending oscillations of a floating elastic plate in the case of motion of a concentrated load along a complex path,” Prikl. Mat. Tekh. Fiz., 38, No. 3, 164–173 (1997).Google Scholar
- 5.A. E. Bukatov and V. V. Zharkov, “The floating continuous ice cover flexural oscillations when a load is moving along a complicated trajectory,” Int. J. Offshor. Pol. Eng., 11, No. 1, 1–8 (2001).Google Scholar
- 6.S. V. Alekseenko and A. A. Cherep, “Formation of spiral waves in the process of circular motion of a source in dispersive media,” Dokl. Ros. Akad. Nauk, 327, No. 3, 306–310 (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.V. F. Sannikov, “Focusing of internal waves generated by the nonuniform motion of a region of atmospheric pressures,” Morsk. Gidrofiz. Zh., No. 5, 22–29 (2006).Google Scholar
- 8.A. P. Prudnikov, Yu. A. Brychkov, and O. I. Marichev, Integrals and Series. Special Functions [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar