Introduction to Social Pressure and Voting: New Experimental Evidence
- 1k Downloads
- Ayres, I., Raseman, S., & Shih, A. (2009). Evidence from two large field experiments that peer comparison feedback can reduce residential energy usage. Unpublished manuscript, Yale Law School. SSRN 1434950.Google Scholar
- Cialdini, R. B., & Trost, M. R. (1985). Social influence, social norms, conformity, and compliance. In D. T. Gilbert, S. T. Fiske, & G. Lindzey (Eds.), The handbook of social psychology (Vol. 2). New York: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Davenport, T. C. (2010). Public accountability and political participation: Effects of a face-to-face feedback intervention on voter turnout of public housing residents. Political Behavior. doi:10.1007/s11109-010-9109-x.
- Downs, A. (1957). An economic theory of democracy. New York: Harper & Row.Google Scholar
- Feller, A., & Holmes C. C. (2009). Beyond toplines: Heterogeneous treatment effects in randomized experiments. Oxford-Man Institute Working Paper.Google Scholar
- Gerber, A. S., Green, D. P., Kaplan, E. H., & Kern, H. L. (2010a). Treatment, control, and placebo: Efficient estimation for three-group experiments. Political Analysis (forthcoming).Google Scholar
- Gerber, A. S., Green, D. P., & Larimer, C. W. (2010b). An experiment testing the relative effectiveness of encouraging voter participation by inducing feelings of pride or shame. Political Behavior. doi:10.1007/s11109-010-9110-4.
- Green, D. P., & Gerber, A. S. (2008). Get out the vote: How to increase voter turnout (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Brookings Institution Press.Google Scholar
- Imai, K., & Strauss, A. (2009). Planning the optimal get-out-the-vote campaign using randomized field experiments. Unpublished manuscript, Princeton University.Google Scholar
- Karlan, D., & McConnell, M. (2009). Hey look at me: The effect of giving circles on giving. Unpublished manuscript, Yale University.Google Scholar
- Larimer, C. W. (2009). Does election type have an impact on the effectiveness of social pressure appeals to voting? Evidence from a field experiment. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the midwest political science association, Chicago, IL, April 2–5, 2009.Google Scholar
- Mann, C. B. (2010). Is there backlash to social pressure? A large-scale field experiment on voter mobilization. Political Behavior. doi:10.1007/s11109-010-9124-y.
- McConnell, M., Sinclair, B., & Green, D. P. (2010). Detecting social networks: design and analysis of multilevel experiments. Paper presented at the third annual center for experimental social science and New York University experimental political science conference, February 5–6, 2010.Google Scholar
- Olson, M. (1965). The logic of collective action: Public goods and the theory of groups. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Panagopoulos, C. (2010). Emotions, motivation and prosocial behavior: Field experimental tests of alternative civic duty appeals on voter turnout. Political Behavior (forthcoming).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010